Topic: seaweed farming

to moderator: what are the first steps to venture in seaweed farming? are there permits or rents if you farm at sea? any suggestions on how to start seaweed farming. thanks.

Re: seaweed farming

Hi,

My inlaws are from the agutaya palawan and the main source of income the people is seaweeds farming.they don't have to rent for a sea place farming.they just put posts, ropes and the seaweeds seedlings.hope this helps.

If I may advice you,the best way for you to start this is learning.you should visit people do this for a living like people from Agutaya.goodluck!

4 (edited by seafarms Aug 04 2012 07:06:39)

rrj_A wrote:

If I may advice you,the best way for you to start this is learning.you should visit people do this for a living like people from Agutaya.goodluck!

thanks, but what/where is Agutaya?
as of now more on information pa lang from net. yes, i would like to visit those who are really farming seaweeds.
if i may ask, what is the price range of dried seaweed (farm price)
okey, agutaya is from palawan.
thanks.

I suggest you contact Dr. Gavino Trono or Dr. Edna Fortes of the UP Marine Science Institute, Diliman, Quezon City for appropriate technical advise on seaweed farming. They can also refer you to successful seaweed farm owners.

The Marine Science Institute
Velasquez St.
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City 1101

Director’s Office:
(632) 922-3962
(632) 981-8500 local 2902

DR. EDNA FORTES - 02 922 3958
DR. MARCO NEMESIO MONTANO - 02 927 2693

Good luck!

seaweed farming is a good biz, as i heard from my neighbor....

Lato - greencaviar culture in ponds - where can we get  training  or advice .  We have existing Lato Farm in Bohol, we need to improve the quality and firmness of the Lato plants .
My email address :normazanders@gmail.com