Topic: Azolla as feeds for Bangus culture

Hi, anyone tried or evaluated azolla as bangus feeds? Kinakain ba ng bangus ang raw azolla? any information provided is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
RDLfarm

Re: Azolla as feeds for Bangus culture

RDLfarm wrote:

Hi, anyone tried or evaluated azolla as bangus feeds? Kinakain ba ng bangus ang raw azolla? any information provided is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
RDLfarm

To: RDL Farms

Azolla can be used as one of the feed ingredients, pero hindi po pwede ipakain sa bangus as "raw azolla," because azolla is too big to be fed directly to bangus.

---
Engr. Eduardo V. Manalili
ISP Manager for Milkfish
IARRD, PCAARRD

Re: Azolla as feeds for Bangus culture

Hi Sir,
Thanks for the reply.

I just did an evaluation for the azolla to be used as raw feeds for Bangus and the result is astounding. They ate the raw azolla but with a mixture of darak (rice bran), fish pellet feed and harina (bread raw material used as binder).

The mixture is with 50% azolla. I formed the mixture into a form of ball (I called it azolla ball) and fed it to the bangus. The bangus really liked the mixture. The azolla ball floats and disintegrates after few seconds in the water (while the school of bangus are happily devouring it).

Now I used it for my regular feedings. The only question is, if my own mixture is a balanced diet for bangus? not sure yet.. Im just hoping that the result will be good after one month or so... that it will yield good growth and weight gain.

just sharing...
RDL

jmzuraek wrote:
RDLfarm wrote:

Thanks,
RDLfarm

To: RDL Farms

Azolla can be used as one of the feed ingredients, pero hindi po pwede ipakain sa bangus as "raw azolla," because azolla is too big to be fed directly to bangus.

---
Engr. Eduardo V. Manalili
ISP Manager for Milkfish
IARRD, PCAARRD