Topic: Biomass Fuel

Good day Sir/ Mam.

I am a newbie here in PCAARRD Message Board.  This is a very helpful and informative site. 
I attended the Philippine International Biomass Conference last 2015.  We were inspired to do our part in saving the environment by shifting to renewable energy. 
We installed a 20Kw solar panels in our office and now we replaced our diesel fed boiler into a biomass fed boiler.

What we did not expect was the  high cost of biomass fuel- wood pellets, coconut husk and rice hull are now expensive. 
The cost, per kilo of wood pellets is 9.60 and the chipped bao is 7.50.

What we are planning to do is produce our own biomass fuel.  Can you recommend a reliable supplier of mechanize machine, specifically, wood/bao chipper and a wood/saw dust pelletizing machine. 
Here in the web, all i see are supplier equipment from China and India.

Also, how can i get in touch with DOST or DOE that can help and guide us in this matter.

Thank you very much!

Re: Biomass Fuel

Good morning, Sir! You forgot to mention your location so that I may refer you the possible manufacturer/ dealer of Shredder/ Chipper/ Hammer Mill and Pelletizer machines nearest you. Anyway, to provide you the list of price of machines, please contact the Association of Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers (AMMDA) based in Makati and AMTEC, the official testing center of agricultural machinery procurement of DA based at UP Los Banos through the following:

Dr  Aurelio B. delos Reyes
Agricultural Machinery Testing and Evaluation Center
CEAT-UPLB
Telfax: (049) 536 2527
Email: amtec.uplb@up.edu.ph

Engr. George Canapi
Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers and Dealers Association
Tel no. (632) 896-5556 to 59
Email:ammda_inc_phil@yahoo.com.ph
1167 CLF Bldg., Chino Roces Ave., Makati City

You may also visit or contact the Agricultural Mechanization Development Program (AMDP) of University of the Philippines headed by Dr. Rosanna Marie C. Amongo at telephone nos. 049-5362686/3606 for the design and development of biomass chipper and pelletizer. They can assist you in the technical aspect of the machines and may provide you some recommendations.

Thank you.

- RP Santiago, ARMRD

jmrayardc wrote:

Good day Sir/ Mam.

I am a newbie here in PCAARRD Message Board.  This is a very helpful and informative site. 
I attended the Philippine International Biomass Conference last 2015.  We were inspired to do our part in saving the environment by shifting to renewable energy. 
We installed a 20Kw solar panels in our office and now we replaced our diesel fed boiler into a biomass fed boiler.

What we did not expect was the  high cost of biomass fuel- wood pellets, coconut husk and rice hull are now expensive. 

What we are planning to do is produce our own biomass fuel.  Can you recommend a reliable supplier of mechanize machine, specifically, wood/bao chipper and a wood/saw dust pelletizing machine. 

Also, how can i get in touch with DOST or DOE that can help and guide us in this matter.

Thank you very much!

Re: Biomass Fuel

Thank you very much for replying. I am located at Rizal area.

ARMRD_Sarah wrote:

Good morning, Sir! You forgot to mention your location so that I may refer you the possible manufacturer/ dealer of Shredder/ Chipper/ Hammer Mill and Pelletizer machines nearest you. Anyway, to provide you the list of price of machines, please contact the Association of Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers (AMMDA) based in Makati and AMTEC, the official testing center of agricultural machinery procurement of DA based at UP Los Banos through the following:

Dr  Aurelio B. delos Reyes
Agricultural Machinery Testing and Evaluation Center
CEAT-UPLB
Telfax: (049) 536 2527
Email: amtec.uplb@up.edu.ph

Engr. George Canapi
Agricultural Machinery Manufacturers and Dealers Association
Tel no. (632) 896-5556 to 59
Email:ammda_inc_phil@yahoo.com.ph
1167 CLF Bldg., Chino Roces Ave., Makati City

You may also visit or contact the Agricultural Mechanization Development Program (AMDP) of University of the Philippines headed by Dr. Rosanna Marie C. Amongo at telephone nos. 049-5362686/3606 for the design and development of biomass chipper and pelletizer. They can assist you in the technical aspect of the machines and may provide you some recommendations.

Thank you.

- RP Santiago, ARMRD

jmrayardc wrote:

Good day Sir/ Mam.

Thank you very much!