Topic: TUNA INDUSTRY

ask dito kung me info kayo about tuna,presyo at market? magandang business ba ito ngyon lalo na me tuna ban sa philippines

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant

Re: TUNA INDUSTRY

Tuna is one of the country’s top export products and these 3 species (Yellowfin, Big-eye and skipjack) of tunas are exported as canned, frozen or sashimi grade products.

In terms of prices and markets, please consult the Dept of Trade and Industry.

The ban on tuna FAD (Payao) fishing in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean was enforced for 3 months (July 1-September 30) per year for 3 years (2009-2011).

The ban on tuna fishing in the high seas (Pacific Ocean) was enforced from January 2010 to December 31, 2011.  This involved the closure of two pockets of international waters for purse seine fishing covering the areas bounded by Palau, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea. 

The closure is part of the conservation measure adopted by the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC) and titled “Conservation and management measure for big eye and yellow fin tuna in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean.” 

Results of the study is not yet available.

thanks sa info sir

butongpakwan wrote:

thanks sa info sir

Ma'am po sya!  smile

opps sorry thanks uli

butongpakwan wrote:

ask dito kung me info kayo about tuna,presyo at market? magandang business ba ito ngyon lalo na me tuna ban sa philippines

gusto ko po sana magsupply ng tuna panga.. may supplier po ba kayo?