Re: Drip Irrigation

Mga kabayan,

Kung meron nag-nanais na makapag-pakabit nang drip irrigation system sa kanilang mga pananim, meron akong nakilalang may kakayahan na gumawa neto sa murang halaga lamang - using pure Filipino inguinuity.

I had just availed of his services and it cost me only less than P3,000 for the materials to put up a drip irrigation for my almost 100 trees of chokannan mangoes. His labour cost is also very minimal.  This cost of course does not include the gravity water tank that you have to put up.

I can say that the system works and can recommend to whoever would like to avail of such system.

You can contact Mr. Greg delos Trinos at this yahoo address:  "gregorio de los trinos" <easyirri@yahoo.com.ph> - mobile number is 09205223761...

Noypi (Noe Porras)

ano yun drip irrigation...paano sya gumgana?

@redem6 .. ang drip irrigation is a good form of utilising the very precious water that we have.  Instead na i-flood mo ang mga tanim mo ng napakahalagang tubig.. patak-patak lang ang pag-iirigate mo, using the drippers connected to a pvc pipe na naka-kabit naman sa main line.. Menos gastos sa manpower, maayos pa ang gamit mo sa tubig..

Try to contact Mang Greg ang he will help you on this..

Noypi,
     Pashare naman how it made yung drip irrigation mo. What the materials used, how it connected in basic terms and how it operate. Where to buy those nozzles, or kung pwede paki attached  the pics of your drip irrigation. Its a great help to all our kababayans. Just the basic explanation and we will do the rest..  Thanks

See also
http://www.pcarrd.dost.gov.ph/message/viewtopic.php?id=611

"Let justice roll down like waters
and righteousness like an everlasting stream".
Amos

hi noypi,

3000 pesos to drip irrigate 100 chokanan mangoes? these is what we have to promote. affordable technologies and materials.

where is your farm located? i'll try to email the person you have mentioned and inquire about the system and services.

thank you as well for sharing this opportunity, if majority of people would be like you, sharing good opportunities and informations such as this. the world would be a better place.

kind regards,
pol

noypi wrote:

Mga kabayan,

Kung meron nag-nanais na makapag-pakabit nang drip irrigation system sa kanilang mga pananim, meron akong nakilalang may kakayahan na gumawa neto sa murang halaga lamang - using pure Filipino inguinuity.

I had just availed of his services and it cost me only less than P3,000 for the materials to put up a drip irrigation for my almost 100 trees of chokannan mangoes. His labour cost is also very minimal.  This cost of course does not include the gravity water tank that you have to put up.

I can say that the system works and can recommend to whoever would like to avail of such system.

You can contact Mr. Greg delos Trinos at this yahoo address:  "gregorio de los trinos" <easyirri@yahoo.com.ph> - mobile number is 09205223761...

Noypi (Noe Porras)

7 (edited by noypi Apr 24 2009 18:18:40)

gunaofarm wrote:

Noypi,
     Pashare naman how it made yung drip irrigation mo. What the materials used, how it connected in basic terms and how it operate. Where to buy those nozzles, or kung pwede paki attached  the pics of your drip irrigation. Its a great help to all our kababayans. Just the basic explanation and we will do the rest..  Thanks

Sir, Mang Greg and myself had just completed today the second phase of our "simple" yet workable drip irrigation.  I have some pictures but unfortunately it may take a few days for me to upload the same in this forum.  I took pictures of its installation and when it is already working.. I will also post pics of last year's connections.  With the grace of God, the chokkanan is now 1 year old from transplanting and are really growing good.

It is indeed affordable as you will only need 1" PVC pipe for your main line connected to your gravity tank, then you'll need a drip tape where you attach your drippers.. The pictures will show it once I posted it.

Thanks sa thread na to, I am enlightened.

sir noypi magandang araw interesado po ako, matanong ko lang po, ano po ba source ng tubig kailangan or gaano kataas ung overhaed tank? Gaano po kalaki tanke ng tubig? yoon pong 100 na mangga na nilagyan nyo ng drip irrigation ano planting distance?
salamat po in advance!

Sir
nyopi pwede rin po ba malaman paaano un irrigation niyo po na low budget . paki send sa bernardto2ymail.com. gusto ko po masubukan
salamt po
candelaria quezon

seaside wrote:

sir noypi magandang araw interesado po ako, matanong ko lang po, ano po ba source ng tubig kailangan or gaano kataas ung overhaed tank? Gaano po kalaki tanke ng tubig? yoon pong 100 na mangga na nilagyan nyo ng drip irrigation ano planting distance?
salamat po in advance!

Sir,

Ang source ng tubig ay overhead tank about 1.5meters high malakas na ang pressure.  My overhead tank is just is about 1meter x 1 meter square plastic tank available sa mga nagbibili nang plastic tank.  Perhaps this hold about 1,000 liters more or less (hindi ko lang sigurado talaga).  Yong mga mangga ko is Chokkanan planted at a distance of 6 meters apart per row and the rows are 7 meters apart kasi I still wanted to utilise the space for vegetable growing at a later stage.

The drip irrigation itself is installed by our kababayan, Mang Greg Delos Trinos - you can contact him at this number - 09205223761.  It is very economical and uses water very efficiently.  The big plus is it is very cheap compared to the more expensive PVC pipes and drippers, it is using a special PVC tape and a "home-made" drippers which works very efficiently providing water directly on top of the roots of the trees.

gemini73 wrote:

Sir
nyopi pwede rin po ba malaman paaano un irrigation niyo po na low budget . paki send sa bernardto2ymail.com. gusto ko po masubukan
salamt po
candelaria quezon

Further to my posts .. ito yong mga pics ng ininstall ni Mang Greg na drip irrigation sa dinidevelop na Orchard Farm.. http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt285/porrasnb/

Sir noypi,

matanong ko lang po, pwede din po ba siya gamitin sa fertigation? ano po klase ng dripper? kasi baka naman yung madaling mag clog...

14 (edited by geneb Jun 03 2009 17:44:27)

noypi wrote:

Further to my posts .. ito yong mga pics ng ininstall ni Mang Greg na drip irrigation sa dinidevelop na Orchard Farm.. http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt285/porrasnb/

Hi Noypi,

OK ang drip irrigation mo, a. San-o ka mapauli?
Me filtration ba ang set-up mo?

tataykosijuan wrote:

Sir noypi,

matanong ko lang po, pwede din po ba siya gamitin sa fertigation? ano po klase ng dripper? kasi baka naman yung madaling mag clog...

Yes sir puwede siyang gamitin for fertigation.  Madali lang linisin naman kung mag-clog sir. Tatanggalin mo lang yong mga drippers na nag-clog, palitan habang binababad mo yong clogged drippers sa tubig for a while para matanggal.  So far naman sa akin buong taon, wala naman narereport yong katiwala ko na nag clog yong mga drippers. The whole irrigation set up is custom made and the drippers itself can be easily manufactured using hard plastic straw available sa local hardware. 

I suggest you give Mang Greg a call para lubusan mong malinawan.

geneb wrote:

noypi wrote:

Hi Noypi,

OK ang drip irrigation mo, a. San-o ka mapauli?
Me filtration ba ang set-up mo?

Hi Sir Gene, kauuwi lang namin last May.  Wala akong nilagay na filtration - something that I think I should put in place.  Pero so far naman OK dahil wala naman buhangin masyado na napasok o nahuhugot ang water pump.  By the way, the well set up by the boys is doing great!

17 (edited by geneb Jun 04 2009 09:29:49)

noypi wrote:
Hi Sir Gene, kauuwi lang namin last May.  Wala akong nilagay na filtration - something that I think I should put in place.  Pero so far naman OK dahil wala naman buhangin masyado na napasok o nahuhugot ang water pump.  By the way, the well set up by the boys is doing great!

Hi Noypi,

Good to hear that it is working fine.

Filtration need not be elaborate or expensive for your drip irrigation set up.
You can look up the internet for ideas.

One of the problems that can be encountered in drip irrigation system is "algal build up" or formation of "lumot" especially when the water inside the components are exposed to sunlight. The build up is exacerbated when components used are "transparent", opaque, or as long as sunlight could pass through. That's the reason why most drip components are black. Algal pores are minute in form and are easily transported by air. It could lodge inside any one of the drip irrigation system parts and multiply without you knowing.

And so even if there are no solid particulates (sand, silt, etc.) coming out of the
well as the water is pumped out that might clog your emitters, think of algae as more problematic in the future. However, lumot can be controlled easily don't worry.

Halong,
geneb

18 (edited by gpbaron Jul 08 2011 09:50:00)

Please visit http://www.biofuelswork.com/INJECTOR/injector.htm to peruse the Plant ROOT Injector. This is not an advertisement. The website shows pictures of Drip Irrigation and Hydrophonic systems and  explains why they are very effective. Both systems are not cheap. They can be quite complex and expensive-to-use. They also cannot be used together. Use only one or the other.

The Plant ROOT Injector, however, is a simple, in-expensive and easy-to-make tool that combines the capabilities of Drip Irrigation and Hydrophonics in delivering optimum amounts of water, nutrients and fertilizers directly to plant root systems. Maximum yields are possible while saving money with less water, nutrients and fertilizers. As the Plant ROOT Injector can be used where water is scarce; grows plants in their natural habitat (i.e: the ground instead of elsewhere); is compatible with organic planting systems; and, is made by recycling discarded materials, it helps produce more food in healthy and environmentally friendly ways.

Youtube Videos that show How-To-Make and How-To-Use the Plant ROOT Injector are given in the website so you can make and begin using them immediately in your own backyard gardens and small intensively-farmed lots. We initiated tests to validate their effectiveness but as only preliminary results are available at-this-time, please revisit this site for updates. See: http://www.biofuelswork.com/INJECTOR/tests.htm

This post is added to posts about Mang Greg's drip irrigation system (Contact him at: <easyirri@yahoo.com.ph> or 09205223761) who is a fellow Filipino. Now you can have a choice between 2 useful products developed by kababayans. Mabuhay po tayong lahat!

G e r r y

FIND OUT more about CACAO BEAN Chocolates at www.facebook.com/BeanToBarDarkChocolates & see my other posts about BioGAS, the Plant ROOT Injector & Harvesting RAIN

Results of Plant ROOT Injector tests 1&2 have just been added /posted in:
http://www.biofuelswork.com/INJECTOR/Tests.htm
As expected, the results indicate that even with only 50% fertilization -- using the Plant ROOT Injector -- can produce the same or better results as conventional 100% fertilization. 

There are also indications that using the Plant ROOT Injector with 25% or less fertilization may be sufficient. More tests will be performed to confirm this.

In the meantime, please study our test procedure and results, let us know what you think and/or tell others about the Plant ROOT Injector. Thank you!

FIND OUT more about CACAO BEAN Chocolates at www.facebook.com/BeanToBarDarkChocolates & see my other posts about BioGAS, the Plant ROOT Injector & Harvesting RAIN

The following quote is from VeLeRo and I share it here as its useful:

nicomambo wrote:

Thank you for the posts gpbaron. Please keep us updated.

I could be wrong, but the Root Injector might have the same principle as the Automatic Plant Feeders used in other countries.

http://www.allthingsgreen.net/marketpla … 11002.html
http://www.amazon.com/Plant-Feeder-Wate … B000G0Y4YC

Nicomambo

The principles that make the Plant ROOT Injector are similar to those shown in the links you provided.

However, the first one costs 6.99 British Pounds or PhP 480+ each and the second one costs $15.99 or Php 680+ each.

By comparison, the Plant Root Injector can be made from commonly available plastic soft-drink bottles that are discarded. They can be purchased from dyaryo-bote karitons for Php 1.00 each. Doing so also helps poor kariton pushers as junk yards buy them only for Php 20.00/kilo or about Php 0.50 each.   

The injectors can be made for less than PhP 5.00. See the How-to-Make and How-to-Use videos listed below. If you have to buy them for P35.00 each you will save 92 to 95%% from the cost of the British and Amazon models, respectively.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaC79CoELuc and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlXw_HIvdXE

Magumpisa pa lang ako sa farm.  May maliit na sapa sa farm Paano malalaman kung ito ay pwde maging source of water? Walang irrigation sa neighboring farms nag didipende lang sa ulan ang mga farmers.  Paano ma-enhance ang sapa na ito sans expensive powered motor pumps?

google: hydraulic ram pump

Farmville Merchandising Corp.
Ibaan, Batangas
Galas, QC

Hi Noypi,     Nice topic you have here.  Can you give us a store where we can bu the dripper? I found branded ones in a mall hardware but they're too expensive.  I've read before that to accomplish this, a smaller hose needs to be connected to the main pipe.  But a dripper should also be attached to the smaller hose.  My problem is where to buy the dripper?  Would really appreciate if you could refer a store where to buy kahit ung dripper lang.      Thanks so much in advance.

noypi wrote:

Mga kabayan,Kung meron nag-nanais na makapag-pakabit nang drip irrigation system sa kanilang mga pananim, meron akong nakilalang may kakayahan na gumawa neto sa murang halaga lamang - using pure Filipino inguinuity. I had just availed of his services and it cost me only less than P3,000 for the materials to put up a drip irrigation for my almost 100 trees of chokannan mangoes. His labour cost is also very minimal.  This cost of course does not include the gravity water tank that you have to put up.I can say that the system works and can recommend to whoever would like to avail of such system.You can contact Mr. Greg delos Trinos at this yahoo address:

.:: “I will work harder!” ::.

Been trying to contact Mang Greg but didn't get any reply yet. Anybody knows his updated contact number please. Am really would like to learn about the drip irrigation system that he genuinely assemble.  I am more interested on how to make the improvised drippers.  thanks.

.:: “I will work harder!” ::.

@porky_bee: sorry we have no idea on Greg delos Trinos contact info

mula noong unang naglagay kami ni noypi ng drip irrigation sa farm nya, dalawa o tatlong taon na magkakasunod bumili ng materials,para sa longkong, papaya at talong.kumusta na po farm nyo noypi?
tuloytuloy pa rin ang improvement at upgrade ng aking product,kumbaga old model na yung ikinabit namin kay noypi.same pa rin contacts ko,09205223761,easyirri@yahoo.com,gregdelostrinos@gmail.com
at landline, 02-8748245.improved ang product pero mura pa rin tulad ng dati.di ako marunong maglagay ng pictures dito kaya mag email na lang ang interesado para sa pictures at video.
salamat po...greg