1 (edited by planters009 Oct 18 2010 15:12:09)

Re: Calamansi Production

We have already planted many  calamansi trees  and it is now already 6 year old and already bear fruits which were inter-cropped under the coconut trees.
My question how many times do we spray these calamansi in order to bear fruits in just one month or daily spraying ?and what are other ways to make it healthy?

If the quality of bearing fruits of these calamansi which is small can be changed into a big one?
Or it would a kind of class that you have planted will also bear a high quality of fruits?
Neither grafted or not?
What are some examples of best quality of calamansi that are tends to be recommended in planting?

Waiting for any suggestions,

Planters009

'' In order to know the destiny of a people it is necessary to open the book of its past''

Dr.Jose Rizal

Calamansi Production Techniques:

1. To produce off-season fruits, you need to stress the plants by irrigating or watering them during summer season.

2.  Combination of mineral and organic fertilizer will make the calamansi plants healthy.  Mixed fertilization of ammonium sulfate and compost thrice a year will make it healthy.  Try vermitea, humus, or compost tea.

3. Well, fruit thinning will make the calamansi fruits bigger.

4. Calamansi variety in Mindoro are usually good.  But calamansi planted in seeds are usually true to type.  but budding or grafted calamansi are recommended with kalamandarin rootstock is recommended because they will fruit faster and have a long production period.

Goodluck! :)

Philippine Agriculture Blog - www.agriculture.ph

agri_center wrote:

Calamansi Production Techniques:

1. To produce off-season fruits, you need to stress the plants by irrigating or watering them during summer season.

2.  Combination of mineral and organic fertilizer will make the calamansi plants healthy.  Mixed fertilization of ammonium sulfate and compost thrice a year will make it healthy.  Try vermitea, humus, or compost tea.

3. Well, fruit thinning will make the calamansi fruits bigger.

4. Calamansi variety in Mindoro are usually good.  But calamansi planted in seeds are usually true to type.  but budding or grafted calamansi are recommended with kalamandarin rootstock is recommended because they will fruit faster and have a long production period.

Goodluck! :)

What do you mean stressing of plants,please explain in  detailed  information?
How many times to water them in summer in just one day or a month?

Regards,

Planters009

What do you mean stressing of plants,please explain in  detailed  information?
How many times to water them in summer in just one day or a month?

Regards,

Planters009

agri_center gave you very good techniques in Calamansi production.

Plant stress: Stress refers to the condition or conditions under which a plant, in your case Calamansi is growing with danger to its health.  Stress factor may stem from  lack of or too water, too much heat, wind or moisture; or low temperatures.   The stressed plant will perform a last ditch effort to reproduce by blooming followed by fruit bearing.

Watering: I usually water my citrus  trees when the top 3 inches of soil is dry. To do this, I stick a piece of wood or chopstick in the soil midway  between the tree trunk and the canopy; if the wood or chopstick's end is damp or wet, I skip watering; if dry, I irrigate at once.  This technique may not directly answer your question about the frequency of watering during the summer, especially if you have many trees; in this case you randomly test the soil in  several trees before irrigating the whole lot.

"Let justice roll down like waters
and righteousness like an everlasting stream".
Amos

wow yan ang explanation... kitams...

be happy..

Ok sir.who are pro's in agriculture world.

To papito or agri_center

Exact distance in each other?
In one year how many times it will produce fruits?
Does also the spraying a long time of calamansi trees in order to bear fruits will also affect its life expectancy,growth and others?

Thrice a year applying compost or manures to your trees it means not always(On my own i will apply compost every month)Is that okay?

Planters009

planters009 wrote:

Ok sir.who are pro's in agriculture world.

the professionals in citrus growing are the citrus growers themselves...  so its better to ask question to citrus farmers. 

pcarrd is only an avenue to know th basics of agriculture,  its up to you to apply and experience farming at your disposal.

there is no perfect agrciculture, you'll still make mistakes, and by this mistakes you learn to harness your farming efficiency to its best and to be successful.

goodluck :)

planters009 wrote:

To papito or agri_center

Exact distance in each other?
In one year how many times it will produce fruits?
Does also the spraying a long time of calamansi trees in order to bear fruits will also affect its life expectancy,growth and others?

Thrice a year applying compost or manures to your trees it means not always(On my own i will apply compost every month)Is that okay?

Planters009

high density calamansi farm - 2.5 meter sby 2.5 meters or 3 meters by 3 meters.  its better to plant calamansi plants in a wider spacing especially if you're area has a good soil and and adequate rain supply through out the year.

Thanks for the info.

Planters World

Sir Agri,

Any recommendation on reading material for calamansi production? San po ba makakabili ng grafted na po?

Maraming salamat po!

Juan

If it's not good enough for the monkeys, it's not good enough!

Disclaimer: This message DOES NOT contain any proprietary information from the source, although it might have some from the recipients’ end. It is for the intended recipient ONLY but if you received it anyway consider yourself an anomaly.

Im contacting the propagator of LUZ calamasi but Im still on que. try nyo rin po sa pcarrd, yung gumagawa kasi complete lecture pa binigay sakin about Luz calamansi.

talisay merchandising-calamans tree budded - FOR SALE- OUR NURSERY SITE ARE LOCATED AT BRGY.BALAS,TALISAY,BATANGAS,you can contact us tel.no.043-7280264 and mob.no.09213684058 or 09062472585, to explain the details.

tanong lang po sa  Calamansi Production. ano ano po ba ang sakit ng kalamansi at ano ang ginagamot dito?

ano po ba ang dapat gawin para mag-tuloy ang bulaklak ng calamansi? marami kasi ang nalaglag or hindi tumuloy sa mga bulaklak ng calamansi ko. base po sa patubig above e tama na po ang ginagawa namin.
salamat po.

what are the best varieties of calamansi and where can we get them?
thanks

cnolan wrote:

what are the best varieties of calamansi and where can we get them?
thanks

Luz calamansi is juicier and has fewer seeds than native varieties.  Another one is Tomboy calamansi, which produces big fruits. You can inquire and buy planting materials from accredited nurseries of Bureau of Plant Industry.

Aisa
CRD-PCAARRD

you Can contact my landline no.043-7280264 0r mobile no.09213684058 and 09062472585,,..we are accredited suppliers of fruit trees from BUREAU OF PLANTS INDUSTRY..LIKE CALAMANSI BUDDED,MANGO GRAFTED,ETC.ETC...RONNIE UMALI BUNO,,BRGY.BALAS,TALISAY,BATANGAS..

ronniebuno wrote:

you Can contact my landline no.043-7280264 0r mobile no.09213684058 and 09062472585,,..we are accredited suppliers of fruit trees from BUREAU OF PLANTS INDUSTRY..LIKE CALAMANSI BUDDED,MANGO GRAFTED,ETC.ETC...RONNIE UMALI BUNO,,BRGY.BALAS,TALISAY,BATANGAS..

thank you sir ronnie....