81 (edited by hemat Nov 02 2013 20:36:43)

Re: Cocoa Beans Farming

nagacocoa wrote:

Yup, seems u missed that.... but nways try Tiaong, Quezon or Lupi, Camarines Sur. Better still, contact Ms Magel Bacalso of Cocoaphil.
Happy farming  smile

I think i'll try Camarines Sur, it looks great

hebergement skoura

82 (edited by gpbaron Jul 12 2013 10:11:32)

bikoy83 wrote:

How profitable is cocoa beans farming? How close should each tree be planted?
Does anyone have a sample cost-expense analysis to share?

Thanks.

ms lily wrote:

Hi Bikoy,

. . . Our cacao beans has low quality and a greater percentage of the beans produced are only prepared as "tableas". 'Yan ang problema sa atin, sana makatanim tayo ng quality beans. On the first line, sana meron tayong Criollo beans like porcelana- a very rare cocoa bean pero demand sa market.

I chose the original posts above to restart this thread. I hope this works as I want to help everyone interested in planting cacao & earning from them.

We planted ~500 cacao 5+ yrs ago. Our intention was only to produce "tableas" as mentioned above. As the trees grew, we found Cocoaphil (Cocoa Foundation of the Philippines); attended their seminars; and, even participated in a Cocoa Investors Forum hosted by MARS USA to encourage the local planting of cacao & the exporting of beans.

We learned in these events that besides "tableas" we can make ready-to-eat CACAO BEAN Chocolates. The latter besides being popular worldwide for their more natural, healthier & medicinal properties are more profitable to make, could be made locally & exported.

We will leave you with these thoughts for now:

1. We were not aware of the advantages of planting grafted seedlings when we planted but we were happy to find flowers in 3 yrs, get cacao pods in 4 yrs & begin harvesting in less than 5 yrs.
2. Only ~300 of the 500 seedlings survived as we did not take good care of them. Old-timers also warned us that pod rot & other problems festered our area, but we are still-able-to harvest ~30 kg/month of cacao beans. At P50/kg farmgate price, they are worth P1,500/month but at P100.00/kg raw material price they are worth P3,000/month.
3. The potential to produce 60+ kg/month of beans from our 300 trees is high. Earning P6,000+/month regularly from just 1/2 hectare of land used is NOT BAD! There are also EXTRA PROFITS in making chocolates. 

Now, family & friends ENJOY as much CACAO BEAN chocolates as they want & we are even beginning to sell them. Google "Magdalena CACAO BEAN Chocolates" to find us on Facebook to learn more & find stores that sell them.

Even if you haven't tasted them yet, please LIKE & tell others about our Facebook page so that it will become more popular; so that we can sell more chocolates & be able to share more info about "planting & earning from cacao."

Thank you for your attention. Leave comments & questions and I'll get back to you.

FIND OUT more about CACAO BEAN Chocolates at www.facebook.com/BeanToBarDarkChocolates & see my other posts about BioGAS, the Plant ROOT Injector & Harvesting RAIN

83 (edited by gpbaron Jul 20 2013 18:08:58)

gpbaron wrote:

Now, family & friends ENJOY as much CACAO BEAN chocolates as they want & we are even beginning to sell them. Google "Magdalena CACAO BEAN Chocolates" to find us on Facebook to learn more & find stores that sell them.

Chef Gene Gonzalez, a chocolatier certified by CALLEBAUT CHOCOLATES of  Belgium and owner of Cafe Ysabel & The Center of Asian Culinary Studies liked, was very impressed & wrote about our CACAO BEAN chocolates on The Manila Bulletin.

The article is entitled MAGDALENA'S CHOCOLATES & it can found here:
http://mb.com.ph/Lifestyle/Food/22631/M … ecuokTPe0Y

Our chocolates are made using Cacao Beans & real Cocoa Butter. Dark Chocolates, on the other hand, are mostly made using alkalized cocoa powder & cocoa butter substitutes only.

CACAO BEAN & Bean-to Bar Chocolates are fast becoming very popular worldwide as they contain more natural & medicinal elements.

FIND OUT more about CACAO BEAN Chocolates at www.facebook.com/BeanToBarDarkChocolates & see my other posts about BioGAS, the Plant ROOT Injector & Harvesting RAIN

Hi!

My husband and I are very much interested in coffee and cacao farming but admittedly have very little knowledge in these areas. We've been doing a lot of online research and this is one of the fora that we think is useful and helpful.

We'd very much appreciate it if the members of this forum can give us tips and guides on where to get the trainings and seminars to get us started.

Thank you!

yvette.c8 wrote:

Hi!

My husband and I are very much interested in coffee and cacao farming but admittedly have very little knowledge in these areas. We've been doing a lot of online research and this is one of the fora that we think is useful and helpful.

We'd very much appreciate it if the members of this forum can give us tips and guides on where to get the trainings and seminars to get us started.

Thank you!

Perhaps you can check the website of Agricultural Training Institute (ATI) at www.ati.da.gov.ph or you may inquire from Dr. Romulo Cena, Director of Phil. Industrial Crops Res. Institute (PICRI), University of Southern Mindanao, Kabacan, Cotabato, Tel. No. (064) 248 2698/2679

Renelle

share ko lang ung free e-book link nung "One Straw Revolution"

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/ID/techni … lution.pdf

Im just wondering if cocoa can also be planted in Palawan? I am managing properties in Palawan and I was wondering what to plant. 

Hopefully a portion of that is for organic farming and a portion is for tree planting.