Re: Jatropha

I'm interested in growing Jatropha on my 4-hectar property, situated in Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte.

Is there an existing stable market already in the country for this product?  What is the rate of return per hectar per year?

If this is not yet a viable agri-business endeavor at the moment, what are its prospects in say, 5 years?

Hi,

I've learned that in Africa they dont use jatropha curcas as an industrial crop or agronomic crop because they learned that it is a seasonal crop.  In africa they use it a live fence in there farms. Right now it is not advisable to plant them monocroping method.

In my opinion, i would rather plant jatropha as an intercrop to coconuts or fruit trees to have extra income.  Right now planting jatropha is in the infant stage.  In 5 years maybe it will be already getting its acknowledgement as a useful crop anf profitable one. 

Also, planting jatropha I think is better if you put a cooperative in your place so that even though you have a small planting you still can sell your seeds to the cooperative because you are part of them. 

I see jatropha curcas planting as in small clusters and selling them in cooperatives or buying stations.

Anyway, varietal selection is still needed by our country so that you could plant the best variety.

Philippine Agriculture Blog - www.agriculture.ph

hi good day!

I am connected in CVSCAFT Bohol, I just want to ask if you have already a feasibility study on establishment of jathropa in the Philippines?

Could you give some information regarding on what are the cultural requirements to be considered in establishing the plantation of Jathropa?

We are planning to have a demo-farm and massive production of jathropa seeds but what are the things that we would consider to have a better understanding?

Hope you could share some ideas for us, so that we can establish soon.

Thank you.

agri_center wrote:

Hi,

I've learned that in Africa they dont use jatropha curcas as an industrial crop or agronomic crop because they learned that it is a seasonal crop.  In africa they use it a live fence in there farms. Right now it is not advisable to plant them monocroping method.

In my opinion, i would rather plant jatropha as an intercrop to coconuts or fruit trees to have extra income.  Right now planting jatropha is in the infant stage.  In 5 years maybe it will be already getting its acknowledgement as a useful crop anf profitable one. 

Also, planting jatropha I think is better if you put a cooperative in your place so that even though you have a small planting you still can sell your seeds to the cooperative because you are part of them. 

I see jatropha curcas planting as in small clusters and selling them in cooperatives or buying stations.

Anyway, varietal selection is still needed by our country so that you could plant the best variety.

if i am not mistaken there is an ongoing conference/exhibition at the world agro forestry center of nairobi, kenya july 26-28 specifically on jatropha. i just hope the philippines is represented there.... a german by the name of Reinhard K Henning seems to be an expert on this plant. i wonder if the German embassy in the Phils can share the expertise of Mr Henning... D1 oils has been in the news 2004 yet. it was reported that they were supposed to set up a plant in Ka Roger's turf at Bondoc Peninsula but the PCA in that region (i think it was this office which was supposed to originally spearhead this project before it was turned over to DOE) did not confirm this... i inquired because it would be eventually beneficial to Bicolano jatropha planters among whom i belong...D1 oils should make genetically good seeds of jatropha available to us interested..you're right we need to form coops, po's. or perhaps existing NGOs can take this up too as alternative project...:D

where could i possibly buy good quality jatrpha seeds. I have a 5 hectare property in bulacan and i am thinking of planting jatropha instead of leaving it vacant and maintaining it all the time.

do you have any idea how much would it cost per kilo?

Im a 4th year commerce student and presently conducting my project feasibility study on tuba-tuba (jatropha) plantation here in Bohol. I just wanna know where are the existing jatropha planations located?

I really need to contact some jatropha growers for more info with regards to the operaion of the business.

i am anticipating of you immediate respose, Thank you!

Need to know who are the existing jatropha seeds suppliers, and im searching for any information of any Jatropha plantation here in the phil. I am from Bohol.

Pls. contact me @ 09186244525 or in my email ad, evanessa_batz@yahoo.com

To evanessa:
I was in Manila the other week. I dropped by Carica at Buendia cor
Dian (am I correct?). At the back of their building are potted jatropha seedlings and I wish to presume that they also keep packed seeds. Why don't you contact them? Please try the yellow pages as Carica is quite a popular name.
I myself am also interested to find these seeds. I did my own thing---get lost in the wilds of our forest in search for grown-up jatropha plants. So far I have earned more than a kilo, and have already planted some along our river banks. Yes, they grow quick and robust along waterlines. Makitubig itong tanim na to. Kaya sa India nahihirapan sila kasi kailangan nila maglagay ng irrigation e kukuha pa sila sa Ganges (tama ba?) River nila?
I hope I have given you some help. Good day. God bless this our endeavour.

Hi,

I think Philforest in Fort Bonifacio sells Jatropha seeds at P200 pesos per kilo.  Thats roughly 300-500 seeds. Then if you are producing seeds they will buy it from you P100 per kilo. That what I've heard from them so far.

Join the Tubanggatong e-group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/tubanggatong/

hello evry1... im a new member here. i olredi have tuba tuba tree and were about to harvest the seeds by december any interested buyers pls email me. tnx!

hello evry1... im a new member here. i olredi have tuba tuba tree and were about to harvest the seeds by december any interested buyers pls email me @ bendict_c@hotmail.com. tnx!

Blareven,
How much do you want and where are you located at. I'm thinking of planting it. How long do you have to wait to plant it?

hi,

can you give me a list of names of the company that plants or has a plantation of jatropa carcus? pls.... i need this for my research tnx in advance

hello

modirator ano po ba mas mganda pg tanim ng jathro? cutting o seedlinds? meron po ksi  akong pinatamin na jathropa cutting  na png intercrop sa rubber 3 nmin. ask ko din kng tma po ba na ibenta na 4pesos per kilo yng dried seeds ng tuba tuba? nkalagay po ksi sa contrata ng D1 oils na ganun yng price nla....

bonjen,

seedling sana maganda pero cuttings ok na rin.  ha? 4 pesos per kilo? sa D1 oils ba yan? ang taga nila bumili tapos mahal nila bebenta sa ibang bansa.. tsk tsk Mga multinational talaga, mga manloloko ng mga magsasaka. 

bonjendrew, pasensiya ka na sa sinasabi ko ah pero at 4 pesos per kilo parang napaka mura ata naman niyan. Di ko alam lakaran sa pagbili ng jatropha seeds pero kahit man sana 10 per kilo o kaya ginawa man 5 pesos per kilo.  As of now meron nga bumilibili as high as P100 for seedling production.  Siguro maiitindihan ko kung gumagawa na sila ng oil pro kung seedling production masyado mababa yung P4 pesos.

JATROPHA JV

I am english currently living in australia but moving to Phils next june '07
I am currently raising money from wealthy filipinos and international charities to establish a joint venture and co-operative for an intial faclitity consisting of 10,000 ha of pure jatropha plantation and 30,000 ha intercropping on coconut plantations with a mobile processing plant capable of supporting this volume.
Investors, farmers or landowners interested in this venture should contact me

Dr Mike Silvester
mikedsilvester@hotmail.com
I will be in Makati Jan 6- Jan 20 for meetings

hi,

am planning to cultivate jatropha in guimaras. i learned it thrives in not so fertile and dry soil. is there any one or cooperative you know that is into this
crop in iloilo or in western visayas?

can i raise goats around the plantation. or maybe vegetables?

thanks

we are planning to engage in jatropha production with other coops. is it true that d1 oil company in makati has a program involving cooperatives? can you give us any information..because I have read that they can offer seeds and financial support for cooperatives who are willing to venture on jatropha production. thank you very much!!

Pwede ba ang guano sa jathropa?
Wala bang side effect dito?
Thanks.

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!

arnold,

Yup I think guano will be beneficial to jatropha

@agri_center: thanks for the tip.

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!

Another question.

Pwede ba yung double or greater rootstock sa jathropa?

TIA.
:)

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!

Arnold,

I think di na kailangan.  Well siguro pwede, but not advisable.  Well, its a good idea for fruit production but there are no studies yet.

Another experiment is grafting superior varieties of Jatropha. Someone has to do that.  Sabagay puwede naman cuttings and Jatropha so why need to graft. Haha

One more question.
Speaking of guano.
Ang bibilhin ko is nakapackage na siya considered na inorganic na ba siya?
Cos na processed na siya right? And paglagay ko ba ng guano is like urea?
Yung may distance? or I will put directly to the plant? eventhough na processed na siya?

TIA
:)

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!

Good day to all,

anyone interested to subscribe a coffee table book on Philippine Energy Plants? Coming soon on 2008! Great discount on early subribers.

For more info please email me at jgdelacruz10@yahoo.com

thank you,

jobert
Asia-Pacific Biofuels Corporation

Good day to all,

anyone interested to subscribe a coffee table book on Philippine Energy Plants? Coming soon on 2008! Great discount on early subribers.

thank you,

jobert

may tendancy po ba na ma expire ung seed ng jathropha. bought the seeds last July 06 pa, pero ngayon lng namin tinanim. ayaw po nya mag sprout

any thoughts?? salamat!

Good day to all,

thank you,

jobert

Unit 803 Cityland Shaw Tower,  Shaw Boulevard corner St. Francis Street
1551 Mandaluyong City,  Philippines
Tel.: + 63.2.6376170   Tel/Fax: + 63.2.6376317   Website:  www.asiapacific-biofuel.com

14 April 2007

Dear Subscriber:

We are pleased to advise your organization that our coffee table book on Philippine biofuel plants, trees and shrubs will be off the press in November, 2007.

The book, which will have 300 pages, will contain the following:

1.    Photographic catalog of 50 plus energy plants that can become platform species of the Philippine biofuels industry;
2.    Full information on the plants habitat, history, cultivation and use; and
3.    Other scientific information that may be useful to agronomists, investors, environmentalists, educators, and planners.

In this regard, we are pleased to announce the following pre-publication price should your office wish to reserve copies in advance: 

Price if payment is received before May 31, 2007 ----   PhP 1,200.oo
Price if payment is received before August 31, 2007    -  PhP 1,600.oo
The retail price in December 2007 is PhP 2,100.oo

We are attaching the Advanced Subscription Form to facilitate access to these terms.

For further queries, please call Ms. Zeny Brandares at the following:
Phone:  6376170 – Tel/Fax:  6376317, or
Email: jgdelacruz10@yahoo.com / zobrandares@yahoo.com

JOBERT G. DELA CRUZ
Subscription Manager

Tel.: + 63.2.6376170   Tel/Fax: + 63.2.6376317   Website:  www.asiapacific-biofuel.com

16 April 2007

Dear Subscriber:

We are pleased to advise your organization that our coffee table book on Philippine biofuel plants, trees and shrubs will be off the press in November, 2007.

1.    Photographic catalog of 50 plus energy plants that can become platform species of the Philippine biofuels industry;
3.    Other scientific information that may be useful to agronomists, investors, environmentalists, educators, and planners.

In this regard, we are pleased to announce the following pre-publication price should your office wish to reserve copies in advance: 

We are attaching the Advanced Subscription Form to facilitate access to these terms.

JOBERT G. DELA CRUZ
Subscription Manager

16 April 2007

Dear Subscriber:

JOBERT G. DELA CRUZ
Subscription Manager

Question lang

I've purchased a 5 kilos of guano today.
Question ko lang paano ba ang application nito?
lagay ko sa baba ng jatropha then lagyan ko ng lupa?
Or parang style ng urea which a certain distance doon ko lalagay yung guano?

Thanks..

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!

Sorry for the repost.
Ano ba ang landline ng fertilizer and pesticide authority.

Thanks..

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!

hi...my father is interested in producing jathropa on a 200 hectare land...he want to know where to get or buy jathropa seedlings to be able to start as soon as possible...also...is jathropa marketting in the philippines okey? i mean who buy the products from jathropa?what agencies are interested?he also wnat to know the how's on jathropa products?

Yahoo nakuha ung jatropha na color red ang fruit...

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!

jessa_21 wrote:

hi...my father is interested in producing jathropa on a 200 hectare land...he want to know where to get or buy jathropa seedlings to be able to start as soon as possible...also...is jathropa marketting in the philippines okey? i mean who buy the products from jathropa?what agencies are interested?he also wnat to know the how's on jathropa products?

hi jessa,
where is the 200-hectare land your father intend to plant jathropa? :rolleyes:

The Fly wrote:

may tendancy po ba na ma expire ung seed ng jathropha. bought the seeds last July 06 pa, pero ngayon lng namin tinanim. ayaw po nya mag sprout

any thoughts?? salamat!

yes, the seeds may no longer be viable. matagal na kc, :(

Hi moderator. I am currently planting rubber now. Ok ba na intercrop ang jathropa sa rubber? kelan itanim ang jathropa? sabay sa rubber?

Hi guys regarding sa Jatropha na red ang fruit ano pala yun Jatropha gossypifolia ask ko lang parehas ba ang oil content niya compares sa curcas?

And is it true na castor oil ito?

Observation ko lang mas mabilis siyang bumunga compared sa curcas.

Thanks..

Money is my game

GO ORGANIC !!!