Re: poultry business

Hi!
This is my first time to visit and register in your forum and I see that everyone  in here is very helpful with regards to sharing information about poultry business. I am also considering a poultry farming business here in  Negros and I would like to inquire if you have sample feasibility studies for small scale, medium scale, and large scale poultry farming biz. including  land area requirements,  chicken manure management .  I also would like to inquire where can I avail of  seminars about poultry farming here in negros Occidental. My email address is gjgee2002@yahoo.com I would appreciate if you email me all the details. Im very new on this and has an investor waiting to support my biz. But as of the moment I dont know where to start. I hope you can help me out. Thank you very much

Joy

gigee2002,

We are glad of your interest in poultry business.  There are 3 types of poultry production systems (layer, broiler and free-range native or exotic colored chicken) that you can choose from.  But before going into it, we are advising you to verify the demand and market of poultry products in your area and use the information that you'll gain in deciding which of the 3 options is best for you.  It will also be best if you can visit existing poultry farms in your area and discuss with the operators details of the poultry input and marketing systems and common problems encountered by poultry producers.

As regards basic information on poultry production, we are advising you to read "The Philippines Recommends on Table Egg Production" and "The Philippines Recommends on Broiler Production."  Regarding seminars in poultry raising, we are advising you to inquire from your Provincial Agricultural Office if they have scheduled seminars on poultry and livestock production.

Thank you for using these facility as your source of information. We hope that you will find our suggestions useful.

synan

Sa angkop na technolohiya- MAY TAMA KA!!!

where can i buy those books you recommend?

gigee2002,

The Philippines Recommends series is produced and published by PCARRD which can be purchased from the PARRFI office here in Los Banos, Laguna either in person or thru mail. You may get in touch with them thru these contact numbers: Tel Nos.  (049) 536-0014 to 20, local 216; Fax No. (049) 536-0016 or email at parrfioffice@pacific.net.ph.  You can also try visiting the Farmer's Information and Technology Service (FITS) at the Philippine Carabao Center, La Granja, Negros Occidental.

I hope you'll find these information useful.

synan

Good day to you...

I am planning to engage in Poultry raising business. I need further information regarding this subject. Could you please send me the latest Feasibility study you have on hand. You send me the above information in my email address elbian_2000@yahoo.com.

Thank in advance and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Elmer

good pm. I can supply the contact person for San Miguel's poultry business. Is anyone sttill interseted? all the posts were made several months ago and I just happened to pass by..Synan you have my e-mail address right? thanks

luisadvet,
I appreciate if you could send to me the contact person for San Miguel Poultry business. E-mail add: Rex_Lauron@hotmail.com. thanx.

rgds,
rexL.

good pm, do you know of any veterinary products that will totally eliminate chicken mites and lice? thanks.

gorio2023 wrote:

good pm, do you know of any veterinary products that will totally eliminate chicken mites and lice? thanks.

We know of some products available at agrivet suppliers that have been found effective in controlling lice and mites in chickens.  But  it is difficult to say that these products will totally eliminate lice and mites in the farm. 

It must be considered that even if these ecto parasites are effectively killed in one treatment, the birds remain liable to reinfestation.  Hence, effective control and eventual elimination of ecto parasites in a poultry farm must not be relied on one single product or compound but rather on the adoption of sustained management procedures that utilize both chemical products and hygiene and sanitation practices that breaks the life cycle of ecto parasites. 

Anyway, examples of vet products that have been found effective in controlling lice and mites in chickens are Pu-sham by Thunderbird, Wash Out by Lakpue, and other products similar to these that are also available in the market.  Please note that the mention of trade names in this thread is only to provide examples and not to promote the product or to discriminate against those that are not mentioned. 

Thank you for using this message board as your source of information.  More power to you.

luisadvet,

Good morning!  I would like to request also for any feasibility studies or contact person at San Miguel.  I am planning to enter in poultry business at  Cavite.

Thank you.

Luz Gutierrez

Good pm! I would also like to be a San Miguel contract grower. What are the requirements? Thank you.

In addition to my 1st inquiry, I have a farm here in Tayabas, Quezon with an area of 5,000 sq.m. with electricity and adequate water supply. Thanks.

sir synan:
Can you give me an idea on how to start native chicken raising. I go with meat production not eggs layer. Maybe this is free-ranged native. Can you give me any FS about raising native chiken.

YoUR EyES FaTTEnes YOur AnIMalS!!!!
http://122.2.11.62/snhf/index.php

gateway wrote:

Can you give me an idea on how to start native chicken raising. I go with meat production not eggs layer. Maybe this is free-ranged native. Can you give me any FS about raising native chiken.

Dear gateway,

We are pleased of your interest in raising native chickens.  Native chicken production is one of the activities that we are promoting as potential rural animal-based enterprise.  Unfortunately, we do not have a feasibility study at the moment, but based on on-farm trials conducted (mostly by the WVSU) in region six, production of free-ranged native chicken has the potential to earn P20-25 net income per bird for a produciton period of 16-18 weeks (starting with day old chicks).

Successful production of native chicken is anchored on the following component technologies:

1. Artificial brooding - keeping newly hatched chicks in brooders provided with artificial heaters (incandescent bulb or other heat sources) until the chicks are 30-45 days old.  After which, the chicks are gradually introduced into the range.

2. Vaccination - before the chicks are let loose on the range, they should be vaccinated against economically important diseases (e.g. NCD, Fowl Pox, Avian malaria).

3. Strategic feeding - once the birds are on the range they should be provided with supplemental feeds to augment the nutrients that they get from natural feeds availble in the field.  Supplemental feeding is more critical during rainy season when scavenging activities of the birds on range are limited.

These are just some of the innovations that we are promoting to native chicken raisers in rural areas.  I hope you will find these info useful.

Thank you for using this messageboard as one of your sources of information.    More power to you.

synan

Sir synan:
Is there any forum that post any testimonies from the hog raisers all successful and failure story in raising such animals. Or any links as long it is philippine base, because this successful and failure stories/testimonies can help to increase your enthussiam in investing this business....

YoUR EyES FaTTEnes YOur AnIMalS!!!!
http://122.2.11.62/snhf/index.php

gateway wrote:

Is there any forum that post any testimonies from the hog raisers all successful and failure story in raising such animals. Or any links as long it is philippine base, because this successful and failure stories/testimonies can help to increase your enthussiam in investing this business....

Are you now referring to hogs or you mean poultry raisers.  Well whatever species you're referring to, I have not encountered a webpage that hosts successes and failures in livestock production in the Philippines.  Maybe we can ask other participants to this forum to provide links to webpages that post the information you are looking for.

Once again thank you.

sir Synan,

please send me a feasibility study on poultry raising. im planning to have a business on it. please send the FS this before friday. here's my email ad: upkid_ferns@yahoo.com.

thank you very much!

miyagi_20

Hi Synan,
I'm a newbie here and this is my first post. I'm interested in the business of Duck Egg Production. Is there an existing FS on this matter? Any information you can share will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Claro
email: cazana@yahoo.com

Claro wrote:

I'm interested in the business of Duck Egg Production. Is there an existing FS on this matter?

Claro
email: cazana@yahoo.com

Dear Claro,

What type of type of duck production business would like to venture?  Meat or eggs?  If you're interested on egg production, you can read the "Philippines Recommends for Duck Egg Production," which was published in 2003. This publication also contains a simple cost and return analysis for a 2,000 hd layer duck productin module.  You may visit PCARRD, Los Baños, Laguna or write PARRFI, PCARRD, Los Baños, Laguna to order said reading material.

Thank you for using this messageboard.

miyagi_20 wrote:

sir Synan,

please send me a feasibility study on poultry raising. here's my email ad: upkid_ferns@yahoo.com.

thank you very much!

miyagi_20

Sorry for this delayed response. 

What type of poultry production business would you want to get into?  Anyway, we are no longer providing feasibility studies on livestock and poultry production because of the fact that feasibility/profitability of these types of enterprises is dectated by several factors that are commonly influenced by the prevailing conditions (climatic, supply and costs of inputs, markets of products, prevalence of disease, availability of support services, etc.) in each specific location.  Nevertheless, we have publications (the Philippines Rcommends for Broiler Production, Philippines Recommends for Table Egg Production and Philippines Recommends for Duck Egg Production), which you can purchase (in person or thru mail) from the PARRFI, PCARRD, Los Baños, Laguna.  These publications contain simple cost and return analyses of these poultry-based enterprises.

Once again we are sorry for this delayed response. 

Thank you for using this messageboard.

synan

Please anyone can share FS of poultry business ... my email add... errmirano@yahoo.com

Mr. Synan,
Thanks for your reply. I already bought the "Philippine Recommends for Duck Egg Production" and I found it very informative. However the book does not have a  guide on how to construct the building to house the duck layers. I would appreciate it very much if you can help me on this matter. Thanks again.

Claro

Good day. 

I am planning to get into poultry raising business in Calapan City Mindoro.  Honestly, I don't know where to start in terms of technicalities.  I am currently gathering information related to this business through internet where I found this site.  I find this site very informative and practical as all discussions and information are based on experiences of people who are really in this line of interest.  I need your help, I need more information and that will contribute heavily to guide me to right steps into this venture.

Can you please email the any latest feasibility study where I can base all my projection. Please email it to me at patrick.maquiran@samba.com.

Do you also know or recommend any poultry operator in batangas whom I could arrange a visit? 

I look forward to your inputs, please.

Sincerely, PJRM2005

pjrm2005,

Please specify what type of poultry raising enterprise you would want to venture in. 

If you know of poultry farms currently operating in Mindoro, please gather your initial information from them, as conditions regarding sources of inputs and market of products (particularly on costs) could be significantly different with that in Batangas.

Thank you for considering this messageboard as one of your sources of information.

Claro wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I already bought the "Philippine Recommends for Duck Egg Production" and I found it very informative. However the book does not have a  guide on how to construct the building to house the duck layers. I would appreciate it very much if you can help me on this matter. Thanks again.

We purposely did not recommend a specific design of duck house in said publication because housing design must be atuned to the prevailing climatic conditions in the area where it will be constructed.  Anyway, housing for ducks is a lot simpler than that of chickens.  All you have to know is the recommended floor, feeder, and waterer space allowances for ducks.  Also, please consider maintenance of hygiene and sanitation in choosing a housing design.

I think it is a lot easier for you to learn proper housing for duck if you visit a duck farm that is in operation.

Good pm! I would also like to be a San Miguel contract grower. What are the requirements? Thank you.

Try the link below.  Posted in there is the address of San Miguel and some requirements for broiler chicken contract growing.

http://www.pcarrd.dost.gov.ph/message/viewtopic.php?pid=1338#1338

Hi Synan

Im really interested in putting up an egg production facility. Do your office give seminars or do u give away reading materials which could help me. I really need more information on the said venture, coz we have started doing the feasibility.

I would really appreciate it if u could send me ur contact number.
My cel number is 0920-9113348 and 0922-3348732. Kinly text or email me ur #,so i can contact you. I have a lot of questions like source of layers, size of cages etc.

Thank you very much.

jojo sicat

my email add is jojosicat2@yahoo.com

jojo wrote:

Hi Synan

Im really interested in putting up an egg production facility. Do your office give seminars or do u give away reading materials which could help me. I really need more information on the said venture, coz we have started doing the feasibility.

I would really appreciate it if u could send me ur contact number.
My cel number is 0920-9113348 and 0922-3348732. Kinly text or email me ur #,so i can contact you. I have a lot of questions like source of layers, size of cages etc.

Thank you very much.

jojo sicat

The PCARRD does not offer regular seminars on livestock and poultry production.  Try inquiring from the TLRC for schedules of their seminars on poultry.  But, we do have reading materials on poultry (broiler and egg) production.  You can avail of these publications at the pcarrd headquarters, Los Banos, Laguna or by mail thru PARRFI, Los Banos, Laguna.

BTW, my office no. is (049) 536-0014 to 0020 loc 236.

synan

Synan,

thank you for your reply. was able to pass by tlrc, tnx for the info. i will be calling u in the near future. i'm just scheduling my trip to los banos. i'm really looking forward to visiting your ofc.

thank you

jojo

ps. sry 4 d late reply

Sir I'm planning to have a duck farm in our province. CAGE TYPE
But there are no fresh water snail, what are the possible substitute. We have broken rice, rice bran, coconut, palay... is it alright to have these feeds only? What are the other ingredients? where can I find them?  or should I forget my plans...

Thank you

hello

am planning to have 1 chicken only, in order to study this further. what are the requirement? what breed to buy? what feeds for certain weeks? what antibiotics or vitamins to take?

thanks in advance for any help

Piglet,

Please check your mail box.  Your request has been sent thru email.

Good luck.

synan

jojo wrote:

Synan,

thank you for your reply. was able to pass by tlrc, tnx for the info. i will be calling u in the near future. i'm just scheduling my trip to los banos. i'm really looking forward to visiting your ofc.

thank you

jojo

ps. sry 4 d late reply

kindly inform us in advance in case you will pursue your plan to visit PCARRD so we can syncronize our schedules.  thanks.

Dear Mr.Synan,
    I'm new to this website and looking for some valuable inputs regarding poultry business. I wonder if you can give me a Feasibility Study of a 45 days old chicken. I'm planning to put some farm somewhere in Tarlac. I'm new to this kind of business so I need some information about this venture. Thanks and my e-mail ad is jessmaric@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate it very much if you can help me this matter. Thanks once again and GOD BLESS!!!

We have an area in quezon that is thickly planted with various trees, mahogany, narra, fruit trees, coconuts, bamboos, etc.   We want to make it an ecofarm cum family resort as it has streams, waterfalls, ponds. Do you think sasso chicken can thrive in tree surrounding area? Is there still demand for these freeranged chicken?

mr moderator,
  goodday to you.
  i understand most people here are wanting to gather information regarding these subjects and they do beleive that accessing this site would give them substantial information that would save them time and effort instead of going to farm areas and other agricultural agencies. as far as this site can carry out, can you or have the capacity to post basic information and other technical expertise regarding starting/running up an agribusiness? or maybe as well, and i guess you know some, post some related links on this webpage for us to download or print from? Or, are these publication youve mentioned as references can be accessible through internet? hope you understand...

thank you and more power.
--mabski99--
supernova99@iname.com

Hi mga kabarangay! Happy New Year to all! I am Arvin a.k.a. chickenpox. I am interested in poultry raising whether native, sasso or kabir. I find it informative in surfing to our link- the DOST way. Currently im working, but have a farm somewhere in Tanay. The place is ideal for a biodiversity farming. In fact the name of the farm is AMVP Biodiversity Countryside Farm (ABC Farm). I love to ask from you co-farmers any information regarding farm management, production and market. Maybe we could exchange ideas and collaborate with our resources.

happy new year po.....

im jesse...student of ateneo de cagayan...im currently doing my thesis study about chicken eggs and chicken feeds...

i would like to ask everybody who knows the engredients or mixing of layer feeds specifically B-meg feeds...

thanks po!!

just email me at janna20ph@yahoo.com.