This does not explain the Korean Natural Farming (KNF) system in detail. Please do a web search for more complete information.
One of the goals of the system is to increase organic matter and microbial activity in soil.The collected, concentrated, and stored microorganisms are aerobic and prefer cool dark storage. They do not like direct sunlight. Brown sugar is best, light brown refined sugar is good and on-food grade molasses is a good sugar substitute do not use products made from molasses in animal drinking water or feed additives.
KNF Animal Pens (Deep Bedding)
Can build above ground in areas with high water table. Kung pwedeng iwasan iwasan na lang to some areas na madalas bahain.
Can convert cement floor pens by building up. Must raise roof for air circulation. An area of 3 meters x 8 meters (24 square meters) can sustain 20-25 pigs.you need about 500 sacks of rice hull or sawdust, soil and salt ratio:100:30:03
General rule for pigs: 1 to 1.5 sq. meter per animal.
· Dig 90 cm to 1 meter down (pigs, cows) (only dig 70 cm for chickens).
· Obtain rice hulls 100 parts (bags). (can substitute saw dust.)
Local soil 30 parts (bags).
Salt 2 Kg
· Layer rice hulls for first 30 cm. horizontally same as making compost
· Add dirt and salt then mix from end to end (i hope i can explain this clearly- haluin muna sa isang dulo same way sa paghalo ng semento) This is like mixing cement. It is hard work if done alone, but quick & easy if 3 or more work together.)
· Spray bedding with IMO #1 FFJ / FPJ water solution Mix the three and then in one knapsack sprayer add five (5) lata ng sardinas as your measuring cup (approx. 16 liters).
· Layer rice hulls, dirt and salt as above for next 30 cm.
· Spray bedding with IMO #1 FFJ / FPJ water solution.
· Repeat for final layer.
· Build pen to allow good air circulation, some sun exposure, and to protect bedding from rain.
· Spray bedding with IMO #1 FFJ / FPJ water solution weekly.
Bedding does NOT need to be removed and replaced. However, microbial activity will decrease the volume of the bedding over time necessitating the addition of bedding material. Add material at the same ratio mentioned above. Soiled bedding removed for compost production will also need to be replaced.
Add FFJ papaya / FPJ banana trunk to animal drinking water (1-2 spoons to 10 liters). Can set up a 10-20 liter plastic water tank to gravity feed a nurse valve in the pen.
natural farming is the best way to achieve top quality and yield.