Re: Ampalaya planting

Dear farmer.cruz:

We have 11 databases in PCARRD in what databases you have sign up as member. 

Databases     
Farmers Information and Technology Service information System (FITS IS)
Farmers' Information and Technology Services (FITS) Information System, a web-enabled system, allows simultaneous updating of data by various FITS centers nationwide. In this manner, collection of important data and information in the agriculture, forestry and natural resources (AFNR) sectors is fast and easy.

Regional Profile
Contains profiles of the 14 Regional Consortia, its member agencies,

FITS Centers & Magsasaka Siyentistas.
Short Message Service (SMS)
PCARRD SMS enables clients to send queries as text messages over a mobile phone or computer and get a quick response to their questions.

Micro-Small-Medium Enterprise (MSME)
Automated agro-industrialization tool for various MSMEs highlighting technical assistance of PCARRD and Regional Consortia.

Research and Development Management Information Systems (RDMIS)
On-line system containing comprehensive inventory of new, ongoing and completed AFNR R&D projects evaluated and approved by PCARRD & undertaken by the agencies in R&D network.

Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
On-line system to collect, systematize, process and retrieve relevant and updated information pertaining to human resources in AFNR. The system will pave the way for improved planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of human resource development.

Online Submission & Evaluation of Proposals
On-line system for the submission and evaluation of R&D proposals via the PCARRD web site. The system captures actions/comments of the different evaluators and allows tracking of the proposal status during the whole process of evaluation for info or proponents with submissions. First-to-file information will be electronically captured at the consortium level immediately upon the proponent submissions of the capsule proposal.

Trainings Database
Contains inventory of training conducted by PCARRD. System facilitates online registration of participants, as well as captures their ratings & feedbacks.

RETRES in ISIS Online
On-line retrieval system on abstracts & bibliographic information of PCARRD & NARRDS' research reports and thesis/dissertations.

Lily

Lily,

thank you for the reply. It seems sa RMDIS ako nagmember. I just followed the linked sent to my email address. I am finding time to get to know more about it. maybe a bit sooner I shall be well versed...

farmer.cruz

hi .... i have a small farm here in negros and im about to plant ampalaya. only about 100 hills. can anyone pls answer some of my questions:

1. what is the best material to wrap ampalaya? and if you wrapped ampalaya is it ok not to use pesticide anymore?
2. is it ok to use a trellising net in ampalaya as compared to the traditional way like constructing a housing?
3. This is a general question: what is the best fertilizing scheme for vegetables? because as of now im just constantly using t14. maybe you can give me some inputs

hehehe ..... Sorry for the question because i really don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to agri. i just started my farm and so far the return is quite good. i hope to gain more knowledge so that i can apply it in my farm.

tnx a lot ...................

tingting,
1. use net bags..it is made of a material similar to mosquito net. send me an email and i'l show you some pictures of it.
2. use a combination of g.i. wire and blue twine for the ovehead. use bamboo poles for the posts, I use a kind of bamboo locally known as kalbang.
3. my fertilization program is a little complicated since i practice minimum tillage and semi intensive organic farming. i am in a transition period to becoming a full organic  farm. I do not disturb the soil, after recontituting it with beneficial microbes and enhanced its organic matter. I apply supplemental fertilizer by foliar..

www.sidcnet.com
www.agap-partylist.com

..intersting, i really hadn't considered mosquitero bags..

..ok, net houses against DBM on crucifers, same against Brinjal borer, errr talong borer, yup, ok, but to protect ampalya..

..i live and learn..

..as to fertilising, tingting, each plant has it's own needs, as a rule-of-thumb N = leaves, P= stem and roots, K = fruit so a cabbage needs N, a potato, P, and a talong, K but after that, caulis need boron, onions need sulphur and K, etc etc, you really have to spend time studying..

..me, i use a lot of good goat and horse compost, with a gammai, small, really small NPK at the right time. i'm not looking for pure organic, i'm looking for balanced farming, so i rotate with tambui (cow pea---animal feed ) or other nitrogen fixer, and with something like upland rice, a cereal, to get a good disease break..

..as to timber for posts, not bamboo, it doesn't like the earth/air junction, go for good wood and a permanent structure and between crops give ir a goood pasting with bordeaux mixture..

..oh and remember, every post you rip out needs to be replaced so allow an area for timber cultivation..

..farm as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow..

..toodA irmAB moastly 'exper'mentin'

thank you guys for the suggestions ...... it is really a big help

i have another question. i am planning to connect to our local water system in my farm.  but i am quiet hesitant because some are saying that watering your vegetables with chorinated water is not good and will damaged the plants.  Do you have any opinion regarding this?

tnx again ...............

from what part of negros are you? i have a 6,000 sq.m. veggie farm in Bajumpandan, Dumaguete City. I plant tomatoes, eggplant, okra and ampalaya. as for ampalaya I plan to replant 1,900 plants this october coz i still have tomatoes under the ampalaya trellis. as for your question, better use a trellis net for better support of the plants when they bear fruits. Also i dont wrap the ruits anymore coz a use a pheromone trap for the fruitflies .I use the "fruitfly fighter spray"

sir alex,

baka puwede maka share sa amplaya planting guide, if you have, thanks

alexxmariano wrote:

Mga kabayan ask ko lang kung sino or saan ako puwedeng magtanong tungkol sa ampalaya planting. Kasi may 5500 sqm akong agri-land sa Laguna at plano ko na taniman ng ampalaya.
1. Ano po ba ang Variety ng ampalaya ang laging tinatanim?
2. Magkano po kaya ang magagastos ko na puhunan kung patataniman ko ang 5500 sqm na land ko?
3. Ilang days po ba bago mag harvest ang ampalaya?
4. Sabi po nag magtatanim sa akin ay kailangan ko daw ng 50 sacks of "ipot ng manok", just for a starter...totoo po ba eto?
Thanks in advance sa maitutulong ninyo sa akin. Mabuhay!
Please email me "alexxmariano@yahoo.com".

hello po mga kababayan.my alam po ba kayo about sa kalabasang gigawang powder or flour?san po nakakakuha ng seeds at paano ang market nito?

is there any season for planting ampalaya?
yung tinanim ko ng November hindi maganda ang labas ng bunga nya ngayon.
maliit pa lang may damage na? or is it just because of fruit fly or some other bugs?

Paul T. Holaysan
Suntory Farm Inc.
Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island, Cebu

..yahh, not when it's wet, it reallllyyyy don't do wet roots..

..toodA irmAB moastly 'exper'mentin'

send naman po kayo ng kumpleto guide sa pagtatanim ng amplaya at palay taga rito po ako sa oriental mindoro. paki email na lang po sa navamarvin@yahoo.com

Marvin Nava wrote:

send naman po kayo ng kumpleto guide sa pagtatanim ng amplaya at palay taga rito po ako sa oriental mindoro. paki email na lang po sa navamarvin@yahoo.com

mga sirs,
ako rin po pahingi ng complete planting guide for ampalaya at sitaw. my email address: edramirez231@yahoo.com. actually i just started to be involved in agri business and i asked a cousin (traditional farmer) to plant ampalaya in my small farm in Pangasinan. We had our third harvest last week ang pinagtataka ko lang ay palaging siyang nagspray ng insecticide, almosy weekly ata. gannon ba talaga yon? or may effect ba yong flower inducing sa katabing mango orchard.Ipag-umanhin niyo po dahil zero knowledge po ako sa field na ito and hoping to be farmer someday when i retire from my job.

Sir yano-yan, puwede ho bang makahingi rin ng Ampalaya Planting Guide?Marami pong salamat. God bless you, po.   .   .   .   .   . mau

sir wnt q dn po sn mkatanggap ng guidelines regarding s pgtatanim ng ampalaya.kdlsn po tntnm d2 smin s nueva ecija e ung mailiit lng ung bunga n kung twgn namin eh'amplayang kapa' kc po d namin ibinbalag kundi pnpgpng lng s lupa n my sapin n mga dayami.gusto q po sn maimprove ung praktis ng parents q regrdng s pagtatmin up to fertilization and so on.pls send me a copy at my email.kneeko_05@yahoo.com.mrming slamat po in advnce.more power!

...mgtanim ng may makain!

i did series of experimenting planting amplaya..ksi bale first timer din ako what i did is i planted few (20)trees ng ampalaya...minsan parang nalulukot dahon kapag over sa insecticide..kapag hindi kanmn na insectide hindi ka makabuo mabuti ng bunga...so  i tried fogging as well.pr medyo organic ba..it works for while..dumami nakuha ko bunga

a white rabbit wrote:

edram, randygabor, Marvin, please check your email, i have sent what ive received from mr alex mariano.

thanks

58 (edited by jadestalk Feb 14 2009 01:04:32)

Sirs, pwede po ba malaman kung ano-ano ang mabisang fertilzers sa Ampalaya saka kung papano po tio gamitin, at saan pwedeng makakuha.

Nagsimula po kasi ako magpatanim ng ampalaya last Nov.'08, dito sa Laguna. Ngayon naka 2x na po kami na harvest 47kg and 150kg. Mejo marami po ang nakabaluktot na bunga, and since ma-ulan po sa amin, may mga nagkaka biyak din dahil daw sa ulan.

My partner asked me if I could get 2 kinds of Plant Growth Regulators, para daw po pang pa berde ng dahon at maganda daw po ang bunga. But unfortunately, the distributor does not carry those anymore. Instead, they have bio-stimulants.

Pwede ko po po ba gamitin yun mga gamot na iyon at this stage ng ampalaya namin?

Marami po salamat, God Bless.

Up ko lang yung tanong nato coz, it hasn't been answered yet.

Guyz,
Need your wonderful thoughts on this question for those who have experienced it.

-Joey

tingting wrote:

thank you guys for the suggestions ...... it is really a big help

i have another question. i am planning to connect to our local water system in my farm.  but i am quiet hesitant because some are saying that watering your vegetables with chorinated water is not good and will damaged the plants.  Do you have any opinion regarding this?

tnx again ...............

KM89 BigBucks Farm

luthgardo wrote:

a white rabbit wrote:

edram, randygabor, Marvin, please check your email, i have sent what ive received from mr alex mariano.

thanks

maraming salamat po!

I see that you guys have good argument, it all boils down to the attitude problems of the farm workers, i have experienced dealing with the ones who are "hard headed" , na ang gusto ay magkapera lang kaagad; Like mag work as laborer na per day ang kita, and to think na malawak ang lupain para pwedeng taniman ng gulay at mga low maintenance na veggies which could give them extra income. Im talking from experience kasi even if i have already given them the seeds and fertilizer they dont want to work it out as eagerly as susuhulan ko sila for other work. I'm kinda thinking like, " ano ba, shall i still pay labor for your own business?" Sila na nga ang tinutulungan para kumita, eh ayaw pang kumilos, at yung mga anak nila na malalaki na ang katawan, hindi rin nila mapakilos,parang nag antay bibigyan ng suhol, i feel like a milking cow kung minsan eh, heheheh!!!!

God will make a way

hi to all! newbie pa ho ako dito at saka minsan lang akung maka pag online kasi malayo lugar namin sa city. ask ko lang po kung pwede ba akung maka hingi ng guide about planting ampalaya. at mge technique kung paano makakuha ng much higher yield. sana po matulungan ninyo kung san pweding makakuha ako ng guide in planting ampalaya ang how to get higher yield taga bukidnon po pala ako. ito po email add ko pauljv_zam@yahoo.com

Hi to all. first time ko po magplant ng ampalaya (off season planting) but the flowers are falling off... they dont die but they only fall off. what could be the possible reasons? Hindi naman ganon kastong ang wind. I have been applying Nitrate form of N and i am applying K also. is there a flower booster that i can apply?
HOpe somebody could help me on this.

Joey,
I have never expereinced using chlorinated water in watering my plants but what i know na hindi dapat kasi too much chlorine is toxic to plants therefore madamage talaga plants mo.

Joey

Joey,
I have never expereinced using chlorinated water in watering my plants but what i know na hindi dapat kasi too much chlorine is toxic to plants therefore madamage talaga plants mo.

Hi, just want to share to you this site for your reference. Can anyone tell me how to control japanese snails the organic way?

http://www.openacademy.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1189&Itemid=378

luthgardo wrote:

a white rabbit wrote:

thanks

luthgardo,

pwede nyo rin po ba mapadala sa akin....thanks! kikokiks@yahoo.com

thanks!

To all who have received Ampalaya Planting Guide,

Please send to me also at kuyadolfo@yahoo.com

God bless

ka ompong

luthgardo,

Pwede po pahingi din ng copy pa send naman sa email ko..

nathanaguasa@yahoo.com

Maraming salamat po

Nathan

Nothing is impossible if you are exerting efforts to become successful.
Dream big to achieve Great things

luthgardo,

Maraming salamat po sa file...malaking tulong po ito..

God Bless us all

Nothing is impossible if you are exerting efforts to become successful.
Dream big to achieve Great things

yan0_yan wrote:

luth,
ask alex..tnx
at kapag nasend na sayo, ikaw naman ang magsend s ibang nangangailangan..

sir yan0/alex...

pasend din po nung guide for ampalaya farming....

thanks a lot....

sorry po forgot to include my email....

tena.larry@yahoo.com

thanks

hi everyone,i find it so interesting when i browsed through the forums especially on the special topics shared or discussed..i am sure by joining this could help me in my field of endeavor as technologist in our province.

on the other hand, i am looking for recent technologies on growing vegetables..does anyone who can help me on this? thank you in advance..God Bless!

i'm interested in planting ampalaya next month.
may kausap na kaming magtatanim... nirecommend nila either ung galaxy or ung star seeds daw. alin po ba mas maganda at san po pwede bumili?

pls send me a copy of the ampalaya planting guide - last.cyssan@gmail.com
maraming salamat po.

please also send a copy to eabalais1125@yahoo.com, thanks!

sent to your email, kindly forward a copy to those who will request in the future, thanks

ElmerB wrote:

please also send a copy to eabalais1125@yahoo.com, thanks!

gandang araw po sa lahat. newbie lang po ako at interested din sa pagtatanim ng ampalaya. much appreciated po kung makahingi rin ng guidelines regarding ampalaya. my email add is vinz0807@yahoo.com. more power po and thanks in advance!!!

mge kuyang / Manong

Paki nga din po naman yung guidelines sa pagtatanim ng gulay "ampalaya".

Ako din po'y interesadong matuto at gusto kopo yung natural way of growing vegies.

God bless po sa inyong lahat na tumatangkilik dito sa forum na'to.

mga kuyang:

pasensya na nakalimutan ko ilagay ang email ko

rustyshey@yahoo.com

thanks po ulit

sir/mam,

baka pwede pashare din po sa procedure ng ampalaya planting.
interested din po magtanim...thanks in advance sa sinumang makakapagpadala
jegramonte@yahoo.com