Re: Tamang pag-aalaga ng baboy na buntis hanggang weaning period

kasi po lahat po ng mga gilts at sow ko buntis man o hindi ay mayron sila antibiotic daily walang palya, kahit nagpapadede, soluble din po kasama sa pagkain.

Try ko na din po mag antibac sa mag piglets ko... thank you po,,,

IMO too much exposure to antibiotics will lead your livestocks to Weakness and Vulnerability to diseases the time you falter on your administration sched. Worst if they developed immunity to the antibiotics mas lalong lolobo ang gastos ninyo. at least Allow their immune system to work .

When there is PIG, there is LIFE

kasi yun po yung binilin ng vet namin, kapag pregnant ibinababa lang po ang dosage

In my case I focused mainly in Bio-Security and rule of thumb be sure not to introduce new pig from other sources without knowing the disease history or profile of the pig that you bought.

When there is PIG, there is LIFE

sir zoki,
vit-b complex promotes good eating habit and sthrengten the digestion the same as Lactobacillus its also strengten their digestion system to lessen the occurance of scouring and loss of apetite.Vit-B complex also promotes growth and average daily gain (ADG) in my own experince.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goatraisers/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hoghobby/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PhilippinePoultry/

sir farmbreed yun po bang lactobacillus ay available sa market? may brand name po ba yon? paano ang administration non? thanks po.

If anybody can do it...Why can't I..? big_smile

"Lactobacillus"
"
Lactobacillus is a genus of Gram-positive facultative anaerobic bacteria. They are a major part of the lactic acid bacteria group, named as such because most of its members convert lactose and other sugars to lactic acid. They are common and usually benign. In humans they are present in the vagina and the gastrointestinal tract, where they are symbiotic and make up a small portion of the gut flora. Many species are prominent in decaying plant material. The production of lactic acid makes its environment acidic which inhibits the growth of some harmful bacteria. Several members of the genus have had their genome sequenced

Lactobacillus species are used industrially for the production of yogurt, cheese, sauerkraut, pickles, beer, wine, cider, kimchi and other fermented foods, as well as animal feeds, such as silage. Sourdough bread is made using a "starter culture" which is a symbiotic culture of yeast and lactic acid bacteria growing in a water and flour medium. Lactobacilli, especially L. casei and L. brevis, are some of the most common beer spoilage organisms.
"
"The B vitamins are eight water-soluble vitamins that play important roles in cell metabolism. Historically, the B vitamins were once thought to be a single vitamin, referred to as Vitamin B (much like how people refer to Vitamin C or Vitamin D). Later research showed that they are chemically distinct vitamins that often coexist in the same foods. Supplements containing all eight B vitamins are generally referred to as a vitamin B complex. Individual B vitamin supplements are referred to by the specific name of each vitamin (e.g. B1, B2, B3)."

are you talkin about same stuff sir "farmbreed"

my vet disagree with your statement that vit b complex "promotes good eating habit" and Lactobacillus as growth enhancement   he reckons it is just a bacteria that will fight against its own compadre... vit b complex is it vitamins....

as for me..not sure about this stuff...way out of my league..

power to the flying pork!

sir Bhong matanong ko lang po, what is your point? does that mean either we use lactobacillus or b-complex? which is which? or should i use them both? What i really need is do we really have to administer the lactobacillus on what way and how? sorry po i'm not really familiar with lactobacillus and i haven't tried it.  Assist lang po, thanks.

sir jay, check your mail, nag send ako ng files regarding lactobacilli. baka makatulong yun sa tanong mo. sinabi din dun kung pano i-produce and ire-produce ang lactobacilli.

www.hograisers.net
the home of Backyard Hog Raisers Society (BHORS)

Sir willie, interested ako sa lactobacilli, kindly send the file too?
email add: browneagle99@yahoo.com
thanks alot..
Rick

http://gracelandfarm.multiply.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goatraisers/
“You are the change that you dream and collectively we are the change that this world needs.”

FarmBreed wrote:

sir zoki,
vit-b complex promotes good eating habit and sthrengten the digestion the same as Lactobacillus its also strengten their digestion system to lessen the occurance of scouring and loss of apetite.Vit-B complex also promotes growth and average daily gain (ADG) in my own experince.

as per Bhong "my vet disagree with your statement that vit b complex "promotes good eating habit" and Lactobacillus as growth enhancement   he reckons it is just a bacteria that will fight against its own compadre... vit b complex is it vitamins...."

Farmbreed is quite correct, as to bhong - traditional vets may not buy into these concepts.

The fact that Lactobacillus serves to be a growth enhancer seems to be correct.  Giving the right amount of  lactobacillus - it will outspace the presence of bad bacteria in our herds intestine.  Bad bacteria when not eliminated or put into less in nos. will absorb more of the nutrients we gave to  our herds.   The present of enough lactobacillus competes with the presence of bad bacteria - thus better feed conversion and ADG.

Let us hear from the nutritionist of this forum what they belief on this ...

james_bond_007 wrote:

kasi po lahat po ng mga gilts at sow ko buntis man o hindi ay mayron sila antibiotic daily walang palya, kahit nagpapadede, soluble din po kasama sa pagkain.

Try ko na din po mag antibac sa mag piglets ko... thank you po,,,

Word of caution...

Anti-biotics are used/administered to correct infections in our pigs.  When used regularly, tendency is they get immuned, and when they really get sick those medicines will not work anymore because it's been in their system and you will have to use a stronger antibac --which is normally more expensive-- to correct the situation.

This is always the case both in humans and animals.

Bing

oinky doinky pinky piggy smile

whernandez wrote:

sir jay, check your mail, nag send ako ng files regarding lactobacilli. baka makatulong yun sa tanong mo. sinabi din dun kung pano i-produce and ire-produce ang lactobacilli.

Sir Willie,

Please send me po the file in preparing the lactobacilli potion...

bclmani@yahoo.com po.  Thanks!

Bing

I agree with mam Bingbong, antibiotics should administer as a last resort : for regularly usage of antibiotics to our herds may increase their immunity in some extent that a higher dosage is needed for this antibiotic to take effect.

JayCel620 wrote:

sir Bhong matanong ko lang po, what is your point? does that mean either we use lactobacillus or b-complex? which is which? or should i use them both? What i really need is do we really have to administer the lactobacillus on what way and how? sorry po i'm not really familiar with lactobacillus and i haven't tried it.  Assist lang po, thanks.

Hi Jay,

B complex will make your pigs eat more or increase their appetite.

Lactobacilli will help your pigs digestive immune system, good bacteria in their digestive system would help them fight scouring/diarrhea.

My aunt gave her herds Yakult before because she doesn't know how to prepare it herself. 

Bing

Hi bing,

Anong brand ba ng B complex gingamit nyo? Ok lng ba na d na gumamit ng lactobacilli if pinainom na ng anti-scouring yung mga piglets bago pa man dumede sa inahin?

salamat po

ruel

The lactobacilli keep the pig stay not foul-smelling because they destroy bad bacteria, the ones responsible for the bad smell. Actually, it's unnecessary to feed pigs with lactobacilli. Simply inoculates the "dirt floor" of the pigpen with the organism which keeps on multiplying. The pigs somehow imbibe the lactobacilli, too, and this improves their digestive system.

yan po ang statement from the files itself ..and it supports sir nfi statement proper amount is needed..in a way, sir bhong is also correct

ill send the files pagdating ko sa office mam bing and sir graceland mabagal dsl ko dito sa bahay i cant attached files yet..

www.hograisers.net
the home of Backyard Hog Raisers Society (BHORS)

ruel wrote:

Hi bing,

Anong brand ba ng B complex gingamit nyo? Ok lng ba na d na gumamit ng lactobacilli if pinainom na ng anti-scouring yung mga piglets bago pa man dumede sa inahin?

salamat po

ruel

Hi ruel,

Sorry di ko kasi kabisado ang brand name ng B complex na ginagamit namin.  I'll check kapag umuwi ako. 

I guess the 2nd question ay nasagot ni sir willie.  FYI po, binibigay namin ang lacto kapag weaned na at nagsisimula na kumain ng starter.

Bing

salamat ma'am bing. kindly post it na lng kapag nkuha mo na yung brand ha?

salamat po

Bingbong wrote:

JayCel620 wrote:

Hi Jay,

B complex will make your pigs eat more or increase their appetite.

Lactobacilli will help your pigs digestive immune system, good bacteria in their digestive system would help them fight scouring/diarrhea.

My aunt gave her herds Yakult before because she doesn't know how to prepare it herself. 

Bing

Mam bing ano po ang usual schedule nyo ng b-complex sa mga biik ninyo?  medyo naguluhan po kasi ako sa sinabi ng vet namin na after daw po ng 2nd shot ng iron dapat ang administration ng b-complex, How true po???

Thanks jay

co-members,

Inquiry lang po, hindi kaya msydong malaki ang mgging anak ng inahin ko kpag tinurukan ko cya ng jectran advance sa 90th or sa 100th day as posted in the forum?ngaalala kc ako na baka mhirapan manganak yung mga inahin ko kc 1st parity lang nila.

Ano comment nyo mga ma'ams and sirs?

Salamat po

ruel

As long as your pregnant gilt/sow is undergoing a prescribed dietary feeding you dont have to worry sir ....

There are few factors why sow/gilt have difficulty giving birth :

1.  Didnt go for a dietary feeding - piglets may turn bigger
    2.  Physical attributes - maliit iyung sipit sipitan
    3.  Piglets are in wrong position - nakabalagbag

Others are welcome to add from the above list ...

salamat sir dbrainer, pinapainom nyo din ba ng anti-scour yung mga piglets bago sila mgdede?

salamat po

IMP short for In My Practice no sir, the best food for them at time of birth is colustrum that comes from their mother's milk.

I am just making sure that their mom is getting the best nutrition and care she is entitled to coz she is the one giving nutrition to her babies.

dBrainer wrote:

As long as your pregnant gilt/sow is undergoing a prescribed dietary feeding you dont have to worry sir ....

There are few factors why sow/gilt have difficulty giving birth :

1.  Didnt go for a dietary feeding - piglets may turn bigger
    2.  Physical attributes - maliit iyung sipit sipitan
    3.  Piglets are in wrong position - nakabalagbag

Others are welcome to add from the above list ...

Kasama ba yung pagbata at kulang sa tamang timbang yung sow?

“pwede nating pag-usapan ang tungkol sa baboy pero wala sanang baboyan”

Normally sir ang best age and weight for a sow is 8 months and/or 80-100 kgs prior the breeding.'

But if you have that already, the above list also applies.

JayCel620 wrote:

hi cel....
in your case honestly i will be foolish to advise you without seeing your biik so can not tell you if you have to or not...lactobacillus is ussually administered by qualified vet when when they think it is necessary...just ask ur vet mo kung kailangan ba? also this is ussually present naman sa feeds.. ...kung healthy naman young biik no need...otherwise waste of money...lactobacillus are so called "good bacteria" to fight infections kailangan ba nang biik mo? you dont unecessarily admister if not need be...
regarding vit b-complex we all need extra vitamins if we have too much we just excrete this through urine or otherwise..if you think your biik is extra healthy .. why would you want to spend money keep it in your poket you might need it someday..
this is the thing..there are people out there basta basta mag advise...through fear factor...bring uneccesarry cost, pain, anguise, to people like us with limited scientific knowledge...

NaturalFarmingInc wrote:

FarmBreed wrote:

sir zoki,

as per Bhong "my vet disagree with your statement that vit b complex "promotes good eating habit" and Lactobacillus as growth enhancement   he reckons it is just a bacteria that will fight against its own compadre... vit b complex is it vitamins...."

Farmbreed is quite correct, as to bhong - traditional vets may not buy into these concepts.

The fact that Lactobacillus serves to be a growth enhancer seems to be correct.  Giving the right amount of  lactobacillus - it will outspace the presence of bad bacteria in our herds intestine.  Bad bacteria when not eliminated or put into less in nos. will absorb more of the nutrients we gave to  our herds.   The present of enough lactobacillus competes with the presence of bad bacteria - thus better feed conversion and ADG.

Let us hear from the nutritionist of this forum what they belief on this ...

sir..

you can not just administer anything out of preventative..that how this companies make thier millions..what is the symtom to warrant this lactobacillus to be administered??????
also sir...you can not elimenate all bad bacteria they have a roll to play in the scheme of things but you need to limit then to an acceptable level..too much nooo goood..too little noo good as well...yeah let us hear from the expert...i mean reeeaaal expert..

belamyl and viton ba yung sample brand name ng vitamin b-complex?

salamat po

bhong wrote:

JayCel620 wrote:

hi cel....
in your case honestly i will be foolish to advise you without seeing your biik so can not tell you if you have to or not...lactobacillus is ussually administered by qualified vet when when they think it is necessary...just ask ur vet mo kung kailangan ba? also this is ussually present naman sa feeds.. ...kung healthy naman young biik no need...otherwise waste of money...lactobacillus are so called "good bacteria" to fight infections kailangan ba nang biik mo? you dont unecessarily admister if not need be...
regarding vit b-complex we all need extra vitamins if we have too much we just excrete this through urine or otherwise..if you think your biik is extra healthy .. why would you want to spend money keep it in your poket you might need it someday..
this is the thing..there are people out there basta basta mag advise...through fear factor...bring uneccesarry cost, pain, anguise, to people like us with limited scientific knowledge...

Sir Bhong, so in that case kung okay naman po ang biik okay na yung mga regular vaccination nalang like yung Iron on 3rd day booster on the 14th day at yung Hog cholera po na sa pagkakaalam ko ay sa 25th day tama po ba? or meron pa kayong mairerecommend na regular vaccination na dapat sa biik?? kung okay na po itong tatlong nabanggit ko i will advise my caretaker na gawin nang routine yung regular vaccination no more no less...!!?? moreover sir Bhong if not much to ask per your hands-on experience can you please list the activities from day 1 to weaning ng mga biik? it is very much appreciated sir.  Thanks much.

belamyl is a multivitamin, viton ang alam ko meron viton ADE, not sure kung meron ba na viton na Multivitamin.

Butt in lang,

The problem with the internet is that it is full of unconfirmed information. Hindi po tayo sigurado kung gaano ito kareliable. Meron mga files na nakalagay dito stating maganda ang naging result nila by using ganitong method, system, bacteria etc. pero may hidden agenda pala sila kaya nila ito isinusulat. Be cautious kung ano po ang kanilang binabasa. Hindi porke sinabi ng kanilang study na maganda ang result ay totoo na ito. Maging ang science here and abroad may politics din.

I am not saying this to discourage you to research the internet,  i am just saying that we must be aware kung ano ba talaga ang binabasa natin. Kung pumunta tayo sa site about organic way of raising animal it means sa research nila walang ibang bida kung hindi ang organic raising same as kung nagpunta naman tayo sa site about commercial feeds etc walang ibang magaling kung hindi sila.

As the owners ng mga farm kayo ang may right kung ano ang gusto niyong gawin sa farm nila. Ang mga professional like the vets, nutritionist etc are there to give advised. If we are not in sync with the professionals advised then do it the way you are comfortable with.

In the end of the day wala naman kasing tama at mali as long as kumita tayo. Although there are some limitation to what we can do naman especially pag dating sa use of antibiotic...

For sure lahat naman ng science research magsasabi na it is a no, no, to overuse a antibiotic.

"Aba !!!  Marunong pala akong bumasa!"

sir nemovet/sir gammy/sir irwin,

ilang days old ba tinuturok yung anti-pneumonia vaccine?7th day ba?how bout yung vitamin b complex po?

salamat po

ruel

kalimitan kung ginagawa is 7th day and 21 days. Respisure dati gamit ko. Mas prefer ko yun classic compared sa bagong respisure kasi mas mataas ang allergic reaction ng baboy sa bagong respisure na one shot. Vitamins is kapag iwawalay na lang.

Sir, nagbbigay din ba kayo ng anti-scour pagkapanganak?usually ilang days old yung piglets bago bigyan?

salamat po

ruel wrote:

sir nemovet/sir gammy/sir irwin,

ilang days old ba tinuturok yung anti-pneumonia vaccine?7th day ba?how bout yung vitamin b complex po?

salamat po

ruel

Hi Ruel,

Recently, we administered the Prosystem BPM and we did this on the 10th day after birth.  I'd like to share with you a sample vaccination program for piglets to be protected from a variety of respiratory diseases in pigs as provided by Intervet.

Day 7        Mycoplasma (or combined withAtrophic rhinitis), 1st shot
Day 21      Mycoplasma (or combined with Atrophic rhinitis), booster shot     
Day 35      Hog Cholera and Haemophilus parasuis (Glassers Disease), 1st shot
Day 49      Haemophilus parasuis (Glasser's Disease), booster shot
Day 63      Hog Cholera, booster shot

Hope this could be of help to you.

Bing

Thanks for the inputs ma'am Bing, this would help a lot especially that i am just new in breeding hogs

Ruel

ruel wrote:

Sir, nagbbigay din ba kayo ng anti-scour pagkapanganak?usually ilang days old yung piglets bago bigyan?

salamat po

Never me nagbigay antiscour especially after pagkapanganak. But if you think na kailangan tlaga ng mga biik mo ang suggestion ko lang na maibibigay sila sa edad 4 above at huwag sa 3 days below.

Recently, we administered the Prosystem BPM and we did this on the 10th day after birth.  I'd like to share with you a sample vaccination program for piglets to be protected from a variety of respiratory diseases in pigs as provided by Intervet.

Day 7        Mycoplasma (or combined withAtrophic rhinitis), 1st shot
Day 21      Mycoplasma (or combined with Atrophic rhinitis), booster shot     
Day 35      Hog Cholera and Haemophilus parasuis (Glassers Disease), 1st shot
Day 49      Haemophilus parasuis (Glasser's Disease), booster shot
Day 63      Hog Cholera, booster shot

Hope this could be of help to you.

Bing

Mam ask ko lang ahente ba ng gamot ang nagbigay nitong vaccination guide.

JayCel620 wrote:

bhong wrote:

JayCel620 wrote:

hi cel....

Sir Bhong, so in that case kung okay naman po ang biik okay na yung mga regular vaccination nalang like yung Iron on 3rd day booster on the 14th day at yung Hog cholera po na sa pagkakaalam ko ay sa 25th day tama po ba? or meron pa kayong mairerecommend na regular vaccination na dapat sa biik?? kung okay na po itong tatlong nabanggit ko i will advise my caretaker na gawin nang routine yung regular vaccination no more no less...!!?? moreover sir Bhong if not much to ask per your hands-on experience can you please list the activities from day 1 to weaning ng mga biik? it is very much appreciated sir.  Thanks much.

cel..

i am just like you..a porky farmer..and i tried to do my best to give my porky the best condition & care to what i know for them ....before they get their final calling..and make a living to thier expense ... what works for me not necessary will work for you & vice versa...in my five years in this business have heared so many expert in this field from feed company sales people, vet, internet, people from the public..you name it...some of them never own a pig..nor raised for that matter...because they have read, been to school, college or other training...they somehow think they know more...guess what..if i listened much to what they say..i wont be in this business....to date....what i am saying is that..our experience count more cause we or your caretaker..is actually there feeding, cleaning the pen and other chores that we have to do to keep my piggy alive and well....this vaccination regime..my best advise is for you to understand what you are giving to your beloved piggy..and what it does...to em..to me there is a lot of unnecessary "gastos" people make..like vitamins, preventative vaccine, etc..if they have done thier homework like house keeping, feeding it right, paying attention closely  to em, bla bla bla...you do not need anything else...for example have a look at you feeds content the amount of vitamin and other nutrition is in it...you dont wanna buy anything else everything is there..it so nutritious..i wish people get the same nutrient intake on a daily basis...our pig actually have better diet nutritional requerment intake than many of us humans...we still survived...

sir bhong i am just worried because i'm not there myself to lookafter them and apply what is needed TLC not like the caretaker who do their work and after that "That's All Folk" method already.  Not like if you are the one who is there looking after them, even if you sleep inside the pen no problem.  So my point is to give a bigger chance of survival to all my beloved pigs, they need protection while their beloved shepard is out here in the desert striving hard to earn money for their feeds and medication.  But then again when i put my hands on them again for sure they won't need all those uncessary craps injected in them.  I might even go for Organic Feeding or 50/50.  But i really do appreciate your input on my case.

Thanks...and long live the pig....