Topic: KAMUSTA NA ANG HOG INDUSTRY?

To all our experts and professionals in Hog Raising, kamusta na po ang lagay ng industriya ng Hog Raising sa atin? may pag-asa po ba na maging retirement business venture ito?

What is the prevailing LW price in your Area?

If anybody can do it...Why can't I..? big_smile

Re: KAMUSTA NA ANG HOG INDUSTRY?

If you're not a farmer or have no background on it....I wouldn't recommend that you jump into it.  Moreso that you're planning to make it into a retirement plan....you will likely fail.

As long as people eat pork, there's no way that pig farming will fail...well at least on a commercial level.  What I mean is that if you're small and you don't have a market....you'll only fail the biz.

irwinmelo wrote:

If you're not a farmer or have no background on it....I wouldn't recommend that you jump into it.  Moreso that you're planning to make it into a retirement plan....you will likely fail.

As long as people eat pork, there's no way that pig farming will fail...well at least on a commercial level.  What I mean is that if you're small and you don't have a market....you'll only fail the biz.

Kuyang Irwin kamusta?, siguro nakalimutan mo na ako but once we both become a BHORS member noong active pa ito, i used to have a 25 SOW Level, i just disposed them all ng tamaan ng outbreak way back 2008 tapos when my wife followed me here in Saudi and no one else manages the piggery, but before that, i was hands on sa pag-aalaga po ng baboy and i am a piglet producer po, experience wise i can say i have sufficient but not really sure now.  Yung piggery ko used to be full but now its totally empty and rusted. sad now if i go home for good I may be able to have ample time to manage it once again but before i do that i just need to know first the current situation of the hog industry medyo matagal narin kasi akong walang balita and its been a while since i visited PCCAARD once again.  But it is surely nice to know that you are still around kuyang.

Actually i am thinking of venturing in Poultry Business pero that i must admit i am just a Newbie.

More power....

Location lang nagdadala ng hog sellability.  The farther away from Manila, the price tend to go down.

For the next five years, hog should be good.  I have no indicators pa after five years from now.

kuyang what is the current average LW price so far sa area mo?

P100-102

P110 pa rin ho sa Sorsogon City, in Bicol which is very very far from Manila.  We are the last province in Luzon that separates Luzon from the Visayas.

Therefore, I think that the price does not go down the farther one is from Manila.

Hindi po location ang nagdadala ng sellability.  Rather it is dictated by the law of supply and demand for the pigs. 

I also don't think that all small backyard raisers are surely going to fail, specially with the knowledge on P.I.G.S. that can now be learned from the Pcaarrd Message board.  It is up to the ability and resourcefulness of the small backyard raiser whether he will succeed or fail.

"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”  "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”  "The cautious seldom err. "

duckduck wrote:

P110 pa rin ho sa Sorsogon City, in Bicol which is very very far from Manila.  We are the last province in Luzon that separates Luzon from the Visayas.

Therefore, I think that the price does not go down the farther one is from Manila.

Hindi po location ang nagdadala ng sellability.  Rather it is dictated by the law of supply and demand for the pigs. 

I also don't think that all small backyard raisers are surely going to fail, specially with the knowledge on P.I.G.S. that can now be learned from the Pcaarrd Message board.  It is up to the ability and resourcefulness of the small backyard raiser whether he will succeed or fail.

sir panu nmn po kya dun sa mga nag-uumpisa?sa tingin nio may future pa ang hog business pra sa knila lalo na pataas ng pataas ang presyo ng feeds?

Pure perseverance is enough to turn doubts to fruit of success.......

Well I hope the thread starter set-up his farm in Sorsogon...better chance of "winning". Pero realistically, can Sorsogon market absorb some more pig farmers?!?

As I've said, the price is dictated by the law of supply and demand and success depends also sa negosyante mismo.  Ito ay applicable kahit saan lugar pa.

Pag napakarami ng magbababoy, or maraming smuggled frozen meat, ay sosobra ang supply, bababa ang demand at presyo. Pag kumonti ang magalaga ng babo at walang smuggled frozen meat, kokonti ang supply, tataas ang demand at presyo.  Mangyayari ito saan man an lugar. That is the law of supply and demand.

Kahit maganda ang business environment, pag maraming bisyo ang negosyante, malulugi din. Kaya depende din sa negosyante.

Maraming paraan para mabawasan ang impact ng mataas na feed cost, pero walang resourcefulness ang negosyante, baka malugi din. Again, depende din sa negosyante.

Sa amin, may alam akong farm owner na may 100SL na with conventional pig housings.  Hindi na sila nagbebenta ng baboy sa mga biahero.  Sila na ang nagkakatay para sa meat stalls nila sa palengke.  They also lowered their feed cost by having a feed store and later they obtained a loan to produce their own feeds to support the feed store and the farm.  Again, this affect the law of supply and demand ng baboy and shows the resourcefulness ng negosyante.  Puedeng mangyari ang lahat ng ito saan mang lugar.

"The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”  "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”  "The cautious seldom err. "

Mga kuyang meron kayong punto lahat and tama si kuyang D, nasa negosyante parin ang ikatatagumpay ng negosyo, meron akong kilala nag-umpisa lang sa isang inahin naparami nya hanggang sa umabot ng 25SL but eventually fail parin ng iwanan nya yung farm sa ibang tao.  So i guess the best way to be successfull in this type of business is to be hands on with full dedication, passion and lots of TLC on pigs, not to mention a lot of knowledge in hog raisings.

So many people already attempted to venture in this business but later on end up losing it.  Just because they don't have time to be on the farm and they just let the caretaker do all the job.  When you decide to be on a livestock industry you have to be ready to give most of your time and be tied to it.  That is only one way of being successful.

Thanks to all your feed back mga kuyang.

JayCel620 wrote:

Mga kuyang meron kayong punto lahat and tama si kuyang D, nasa negosyante parin ang ikatatagumpay ng negosyo, meron akong kilala nag-umpisa lang sa isang inahin naparami nya hanggang sa umabot ng 25SL but eventually fail parin ng iwanan nya yung farm sa ibang tao.  So i guess the best way to be successfull in this type of business is to be hands on with full dedication, passion and lots of TLC on pigs, not to mention a lot of knowledge in hog raisings.

So many people already attempted to venture in this business but later on end up losing it.  Just because they don't have time to be on the farm and they just let the caretaker do all the job.  When you decide to be on a livestock industry you have to be ready to give most of your time and be tied to it.  That is only one way of being successful.

Thanks to all your feed back mga kuyang.

may be we should try to learn how to be good managers,
even di napo tyo 100% tutok sa hog raising, our farm can still be productive. we just have to create a reporting system that our caretaker have to make and report that we understand.
Being hog raisers, does not necessarily hands on tyo sa pigs, we can be hand-on sa monitoring.

________
Maximum Hog Profits Starts With The Right BREED

Kung nagiimprove ang ating piggery dapat ang owners ganun din ang improvement hindi lang nakatutok ang ating pagiisip sa iisang bagay na pag-aalaga lang ng baboy kundi magimproved din tayo, magisip ng ibang paraan para mamaximize natin ang ating production and roi, kagaya ng pagkakaroon ng pwesto sa palengke, meat processing, lechon making business at iba pa..

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

14 (edited by kenjieronzike Nov 03 2012 19:53:42)

if you want to earn and gain as well from this business,i think the great idea is to put up a meat stall where no one will dictate you the price...atleast you are the one who will market you own stocks...

kenjieronzike wrote:

if you want to earn and gain as well from this business,i think the great idea is to put up a meat stall where no one will dictate you the price...atleast you are the one who will market you own stocks...

meat stall is doable, question is kaya pa ba natin na tyo ang bantay sa wet market?
any additional project needs time, effort and investments, kung meron tyo nito....GO ahead.
kung wala naman, be a manager of our own business, lets create jobs by hiring employees.
this will not only provide market for our produce but will share the blessings we received.

________
Maximum Hog Profits Starts With The Right BREED

DFS wrote:
kenjieronzike wrote:

meat stall is doable, question is kaya pa ba natin na tyo ang bantay sa wet market?
any additional project needs time, effort and investments, kung meron tyo nito....GO ahead.
kung wala naman, be a manager of our own business, lets create jobs by hiring employees.
this will not only provide market for our produce but will share the blessings we received.

how about to us newbie's you think there's a chance for us to gain more profit despite of continously increased of feed cost?

17 (edited by FarmSupervisor Nov 04 2012 10:45:19)

no doubt YES, basta't madiskarte ang isang hog raiser kikita at kita kayo..  Maging creative lang tayo, at masaya sa ating ginagawa, masasabi na nating successful ang ating business.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

FarmSupervisor wrote:

no doubt YES, basta't madiskarte ang isang hog raiser kikita at kita kayo..  Maging creative lang tayo, at masaya sa ating ginagawa, masasabi na nating successful ang ating business.

pero bakit ganun sir??ang dami pa rin nagrereklamo may kita pa rin pala sa pagbababuyan...ang dami rin ang nagback out sa piggery business..

19 (edited by duckduck Nov 04 2012 15:32:05)

kenjieronzike wrote:
FarmSupervisor wrote:

pero bakit ganun sir??ang dami pa rin nagrereklamo may kita pa rin pala sa pagbababuyan...ang dami rin ang nagback out sa piggery business..

Sir Kenji,

1.  AHH....Yong mga nag back out sa piggery business ay yong mga walang diskarte, yong mga hindi creative at yong mga hindi masaya sa ating ginagawa na pagbababoyan....he he he.

2.  The more na maraming magbackout sa no. 1 above, the more na mabuti para don sa hindi nagbackout, na may diskarte, mga creative at mga masaya sa ating ginagawa na pagbababoyan dahil tataas na naman ang LW prices.  he he he.

duckduck wrote:
kenjieronzike wrote:
FarmSupervisor wrote:

Sir Kenji,

1.  AHH....Yong mga nag back out sa piggery business ay yong mga walang diskarte, yong mga hindi creative at yong mga hindi masaya sa ating ginagawa na pagbababoyan....he he he.

2.  The more na maraming magbackout sa no. 1 above, the more na mabuti para don sa hindi nagbackout, na may diskarte, mga creative at mga masaya sa ating ginagawa na pagbababoyan dahil tataas na naman ang LW prices.  he he he.

salamat sir d.,
mag uumpisa na kasi ako sa fattener ko or bili muna ako isang inahin..

Kenji,

Kung gawin nyo lang libangan or sideline okay po mangsimula ng iilan para din to gain knowledge. pero hwag nyo pong asahan na maging bread and butter kaagad. Ang pag-alaga ng 1 SL at 10SL+ halos parehas lang ang pagod. Pero mas makakatipid po kayo sa 10SL+ na operation;
1) sa feeds, mas mahal kung by kilo kaysa by bag
2) halos lahat ng vaccines ay 10shoots ang pinakamaliit na vial
3) labor same sahod sa 1 SL or 10 SL

Ang pinakaimportante, start with the right breed at tamang feeding. saka ka na mag-experiment...

just my cents naman hehehe

22 (edited by duckduck Nov 04 2012 16:14:02)

Kenji,

Actually all that Farmsupervisor said were very true. 

Read everything posted in Tarlac Hog Raiser thread and there were so many discussions there to avoid the pitfalls of beginners in the hog industry.

Read also everything posted in Our Baboyang Walang Amoy and also in the Industrial Crops and Organic Farming threads.  You will learn in these threads ang maraming diskarte, maraming creativeness para maging masaya ka sa pagbababoyan at hindi mapasali don sa mga nagbackout.

Ang farm ay hindi lang tungkol sa hayup.  Kasama din dito ang pagdevelop ng mga tanim, specially yong mga kinakain ng baboy.  Kasama din ang diskarte para hindi malugi kahit mababa ang LW prices.  In the Industrial Crops thread thread, I just read the link posted by Sir Wintuha of a book regarding farming, and I did not hesitate to buy 2 books of that Japanese author, because I am sure to gain more knowledge in developing the soil and the plants in my farm.

With these 2 books, I might be able to finally solve my weeds problem to save on labor and gasoline sa pagbushcutter ng mga damo.  Baka makapagtanim na rin ako ng palay sa lahat ng bakantend lote para wala ng damo at magkaroon pa ng ani na palay kahit wala ng commercial fertilizers at patubig. 

Who knows, I might be the only one doing this practice in Bicol compared to conventional ricefields with patubig and commercial fertilizers.

23 (edited by kenjieronzike Nov 04 2012 16:24:42)

duckduck wrote:

Kenji,

Actually all that Farmsupervisor said were very true. 

Read everything posted in Tarlac Hog Raiser thread and there were so many discussions there to avoid the pitfalls of beginners in the hog industry.

Read also everything posted in Our Baboyang Walang Amoy and also in the Industrial Crops and Organic Farming threads.  You will learn in these threads ang maraming diskarte, maraming creativeness para maging masaya ka sa pagbababoyan at hindi mapasali don sa mga nagbackout.

Ang farm ay hindi lang tungkol sa hayup.  Kasama din dito ang pagdevelop ng mga tanim, specially yong mga kinakain ng baboy.  Kasama din ang diskarte para hindi malugi kahit mababa ang LW prices.  In the Industrial Crops thread thread, I just read the link posted by Sir Wintuha of a book regarding farming, and I did not hesitate to buy 2 books of that Japanese author, because I am sure to gain more knowledge in developing the soil and the plants in my farm.

With these 2 books, I might be able to finally solve my weeds problem to save on labor and gasoline sa pagbushcutter ng mga damo.  Baka makapagtanim na rin ako ng palay sa lahat ng bakantend lote para wala ng damo at magkaroon pa ng ani na palay kahit wala ng commercial fertilizers at patubig. 

Who knows, I might be the only one doing this practice in Bicol compared to conventional ricefields with patubig and commercial fertilizers.

wow salamat po mga kuyang...laking bagy tlga ng thread na ito lalo na sa mga naguumpisa na katulad ko..actually mga sir uuwi na po ako bukas eh kaya kailangan ko ng maraming info...lagi po ako angbabasa dito kya lang marami rin ako nababasa na reklamo kesa sa tubo at masayang pag-aalaga kaya minsan parang nakakadismaya lalo na sa naguumpisang katulad ko..