Topic: Starting Corn Farming

Hello po. I'm very new to farming and I would like to start farming corn. Where can I find 'how tos' on corn farming?
Like:

• how to prep the land,

• what and how much fertilizer to use,

• when to fertilize,

• how to know it is ready for harvest,

• etc...

Thanks!

Re: Starting Corn Farming

ipenoob,

Please send your e-mail ad so we cand send to you the information you need regarding corn production.

Thank you,

Larry

Dear Larry,
      I'm new to corn planting, can you please information regarding corn production and how capital outlay per hectare I had to spend. My email add po, amagsuci@yahoo.com

4 (edited by _christy_ Jul 31 2012 13:35:55)

hi.. good day.. want to start planting corn on the next farming season.. can i have some information how to start?

more power and God bless!!!

here is my email add:  christy_hechanova@yahoo.com

paki send narin po sakin sir for corn production. pati complete preparation ng land.kung kelan dapat maharvest at ano ang mga fertilizer na kelangan, ANY IMPORTANT regarding corn farming salamat po josielizano@yahoo.com

magandang araw. meron po ba akong pwedeng makausap na corn technician from Pioneer seeds dito? Ako po ay taga Davao del Sur, please contact me @ 09464350083. thank u

Mga  Sir Im planning po magtanim ng corn sa lupang nabili ko 2000 sqms po ito mga ilang corns po ba ma haharvest dito ?

Need ko po feasibility study ng corn farming send nalang email ko x_tian278@yahoo.com

When is the best tym to plant corn

ipenoob,

i have tried to send you the corn production manual in the e-mail ad that you have sent to me but invalid daw po ang e-mail ad nyo.

larry

x-tian,

May i know where is your farm located kasi po e it depends on your location.

larry

Hi Sir Moderator,

Baka po may alam kayo kung kanino puwede bumili ng seeds ng sweet sorghum for planting. Appreciate if you can help me po. Thanks.

Regards,
Kim

Kim,

You may contact Dr. Heraldo L. Layaoen, Vice-President, Mariano Marcos State University, Batac, Ilocos Norte. His c.p # is 19167098057.

Thank you for using this forum.

Larry

hello.can u also send to me the information i need regarding corn production?thank u

my email add: girl_of_praise@yahoo.com

hana,

Please visit your e-mail. I have already sent to you the corn production guide. I hope na makatulong ito sa iyong endeavor. God Bless.

Larry

Sir Larry,

Would appreciate it if you could also email me (mtm74cebu@yahoo.com) some literature regarding corn production. We have about 3has. in Cagay, Barili, Cebu, near CTU (Cebu Technological University) which we plan to cultivate with hybrid yellow corn for feed production. Thanks much.

Mike Mendez
Green Valley Farms

GreenValley2011,

I've tried to send you the Corn Production Guide but the computer indicates that your e-mail ad is an invalid one. Sorry po.

Larry

Please send your e-mail ad so we cand send to you the information you need regarding corn production.

Thank you,

Larry

sir larry,
please send me also some info regarding corn production, cost & return.my email add. oicresquites3@yahoo.com

many thanks

gud pm sir larry, can you send me the corn production manual.. thanks.. im planning to start farming next summer.

mmy e-mail add. tristan_med@yahoo.com

please me a copy also to : binohon@yahoo.com

thanks

Good day,

Need help, I need an input or any guide in corn production. My wife had a 4 hectare with coconut tree.
It is possible to plant corn with coconut tree? and if it is possible what is the best variety?

Sorry po, I don't have any experience in farming.nag tanim po cla ng corn before pro parang hindi productive. Gusto ko sanang ako ang mag tanim ng corn pro wala pa po akong idea.

Salamat po sa inyong tulong.

vanylarits@yahoo.com

Regards,
vany

good day po.. bago palang po kme sa corn farming and this is our first season that we farm corn,,and pinaghahanap po ako ng mom ko where namin pwede ibenta un yellow corn (for feeds),I wanana know po..if ever idedeliver namin or pickup nio..please po pwede nio po ako i email..paulino_kath@yahoo.com tnx po:)

Sir larry.lapitan,

Pakisuyo na rin po ng corn production manual. Email address ko po: joey_tol@yahoo.com. Salamat po ng marami.

Sitsiritsit, alibangbang, salaguinto....

Sir pahingi din po ng manual at any documentation in corn production. San po kaya makakakuha ng magandang binhi dito sa sorsogon. Email address ko po jakekisser_rml2@yahoo.com. Maraming salamat po.

26 (edited by bobster Jun 11 2013 15:46:04)

Boss... Pede rin ba makahingi ng file mo about crop production?

Eto pu e-add qu:

bobster_a13@yahoo.com.

Bukas kasi magsisimula na kami magtanim... At bagahon pa lang sa corn production..tia

cnolan wrote:

please me a copy also to : binohon@yahoo.com

thanks

dear cnolan,

please check your email for the corn production guide.

thanks,

Ervin

VANYLARITS wrote:

Good day,

Need help, I need an input or any guide in corn production. My wife had a 4 hectare with coconut tree.
It is possible to plant corn with coconut tree? and if it is possible what is the best variety?

Sorry po, I don't have any experience in farming.nag tanim po cla ng corn before pro parang hindi productive. Gusto ko sanang ako ang mag tanim ng corn pro wala pa po akong idea.

Salamat po sa inyong tulong.

vanylarits@yahoo.com

Regards,
vany

dear vanylarits,

thanks,

Ervin

salagubang99 wrote:

Sir larry.lapitan,

Pakisuyo na rin po ng corn production manual. Email address ko po: joey_tol@yahoo.com. Salamat po ng marami.

dear salagubang99,

thanks,

Ervin

rommelbicol wrote:

Sir pahingi din po ng manual at any documentation in corn production. San po kaya makakakuha ng magandang binhi dito sa sorsogon. Email address ko po jakekisser_rml2@yahoo.com. Maraming salamat po.

dear rommelbicol,

thanks,

Ervin

bobster wrote:

Boss... Pede rin ba makahingi ng file mo about crop production?

Eto pu e-add qu:

bobster_a13@yahoo.com.

Bukas kasi magsisimula na kami magtanim... At bagahon pa lang sa corn production..tia

dear bobster,

thanks,

Ervin

puede po ba makahingi ng corn production guide? paemail na lang po sa sirmaverick@rocketmail.com. maraming salamat po.

Hi sir maverick,

thanks,
Ervin

irishp wrote:

Hi sir maverick,

thanks,
Ervin

thanks Ervin.  I got it na and will send the accomplished CSF to your email. 

maverick

Just my two cents worth on the corn farming in the Philippines. A couple of things to note one I am from the US and we grow 10000 + hectares of corn annually on our farms in Russia. We have small amounts of corn in the Philippines for our feeds for the Poultry business we have.
The same principals we use in the USA (most of the text book answers here come from the USA) and Russia apply here also. There are very basic things you should look at before planting.
1. Your location
2. Annual rainfall in your area
3. Topography of the land you are planting
4. Average days of wind during growth period
5. Drainage for the are you will be growing
These are the simple things you can figure out without having the experts opinions
The next step is you really need to know the soil conditions to pick the correct variety of corn. I have found here in the Philippines many do not know how to properly take soil samples so best to really ask around to find someone who knows that they are talking about.
Last but not least general fertilizer application on NPK should not be applied bu averaging the soil of your whole area especially if there is a hill in that particular area.
Also for the success of the plants find out the calcium levels in the soil and make sure it breaks out the available calcium levels. This is the carrier for all of your micro-nutrients.
However if you want to stay simple the top 5 statements I made will at least get you started in the correct direction.

Some things to NOT DO that I see a lot of here.
1. Do not put 3 seeds to one spot! This does not produce a good crop!
2. Do not overcrowd the plants as proper airflow is as important as good drainage

Anyway we look at many other things when planting on our large farms but these are the basics I have started with here in the Philippines.

Shane

ipenoob wrote:

Hello po. I'm very new to farming and I would like to start farming corn. Where can I find 'how tos' on corn farming?
Like:

• how to prep the land,

• what and how much fertilizer to use,

• when to fertilize,

• how to know it is ready for harvest,

• etc...

Thanks!

irishp wrote:

Hi sir maverick,

thanks,
Ervin

sir ervin,
good day po, plano din po akong magstart in corn planting. pwede po bang makahingi rin ng corn production guide? ito po ang email add ko phoelax478@yahoo.com salamat po and godbless

hi mr. phoelax478,

please check your email.

thanks and regards,

ervin

hi ervin, i just retired from office work and now a full time farmer,can i request a copy or a manual for growing yellow corn.my farm is in davao oriental.pls include the type of seed that is best on the area.my e-mail add is inactivegurueyes@gmail.com  thank very much

hi, i just retired from office work and now a full time farmer,can i request a copy or a manual for growing yellow corn.my farm is with in the gulf.please include the type of seed that is best on the area.my e-mail add is inactivegurueyes@gmail.com  thank very much

inactivegurueyes wrote:

hi, i just retired from office work and now a full time farmer,can i request a copy or a manual for growing yellow corn.my farm is with in the gulf.please include the type of seed that is best on the area.my e-mail add is inactivegurueyes@gmail.com  thank very much

hi,

please check your email for your request.

thank you.

Ervin