Topic: pest/diseases attacking lanzones

Hello!
     Anybody wanna help me, my lanzones is being attacked by small flying insects (very small)appearing every morning, I believe they lay their eggs under the leaves of lanzones,very small white elongated eggs I think because every time these insects appeared these eggs also appeared in the leaves then the leaves would turn yellow and eventually fall until almost most of the leaves are gone and then the tree would blossom again and these stupid insects would disappear and come back again next summer.

Another disease attacking my trees in the roots are root rots. They would certainly kill your loving trees carefully cared for for many years and unluckilly damaging the adjacent tree until if not controlled immediately would kill another. I use fungicides sometimes if Im lucky would end the damage. My other solution dig all the roots and throw it away so that all germs would be gone. Do you have any ideas how to prevent this damages to my orchard?

Thank you for reading this and if you can help me I would gladly appreciate it. O! before I forgot my orchard is in Talisay City in Negros Occ.,our place produces the sweetest lanzones in the province.

More power to the farmers!

Re: pest/diseases attacking lanzones

MJFarms,

Here are some control measures for the most common pests and diseases of lanzones:

Root-rot - 1. Digging up the dead trees and burning all parts so that it will no longer spread 
                    out.
                2. Treat infected roots with lime-sulfur/fungicides.
                3. Provide good drainage to avoid root rot.

Bark borer - Scrape off severely infected barks and spray with recommended control and
                    systemic insecticides.

Twig borer - prune/remove infested twigs and split them to expose larva and kill them
                    mechanically.

Dr. Edna A. Anit
CRD, PCARRD

Dr. Edna,

I am a newbie in orchard growing at meron po akong mga Longkong Lanzones sa Candelaria sa ngayon, although mga 2 years pa lang po sila.  Maari ko pong magamit itong mga na-post nyo dito.

Paki-linaw nga po ang ibig sabihin nyo ng "systemic insecticides".  Meron po bang specific na pangalan ang mga ito - i.e. brand or what?

Salamat po. smile

larry.lapitan wrote:

MJFarms,

Here are some control measures for the most common pests and diseases of lanzones:

Root-rot - 1. Digging up the dead trees and burning all parts so that it will no longer spread 
                    out.
                2. Treat infected roots with lime-sulfur/fungicides.
                3. Provide good drainage to avoid root rot.

Bark borer - Scrape off severely infected barks and spray with recommended control and
                    systemic insecticides.

Twig borer - prune/remove infested twigs and split them to expose larva and kill them
                    mechanically.

Dr. Edna A. Anit
CRD, PCARRD

Mr Larry Lapitan:

Sir, e wala pa naman si Dr. Edna naka reply sayo ako na muna makisingit sa paglinaw tungkol sa tanong nyo, pero bago yan
sabihin ko muna na ako yung nag post nitong messsage, siguro sa pagkaalam ko ang 'systemic insecticide' na sinasabi nya ay
yung uri kasi meron contact insecticide na pag spray mo ng insecticide ang portion lang na ini-sprayhan mo ang ma-apektohan ng lason meron din nyang systemic ibig nya siguro sabihin yung buong puno ng tanim ang apektado pero siguro hindi spray ito
granules na parang fertilizer na i apply mo sa roots aakyat sa buong puno tulad ng FURADAN.

Sana na share ko sayo ang konti kong alam. Salamat sa pagbasa mo ng post ko. Saan nga ba ang farm mo sa Candelaria ba sa Iloilo?

MJFARMS

MJFARMS wrote:

Mr Larry Lapitan:

Sir, e wala pa naman si Dr. Edna naka reply sayo ako na muna makisingit sa paglinaw tungkol sa tanong nyo, pero bago yan
sabihin ko muna na ako yung nag post nitong messsage, siguro sa pagkaalam ko ang 'systemic insecticide' na sinasabi nya ay
yung uri kasi meron contact insecticide na pag spray mo ng insecticide ang portion lang na ini-sprayhan mo ang ma-apektohan ng lason meron din nyang systemic ibig nya siguro sabihin yung buong puno ng tanim ang apektado pero siguro hindi spray ito
granules na parang fertilizer na i apply mo sa roots aakyat sa buong puno tulad ng FURADAN.

Sana na share ko sayo ang konti kong alam. Salamat sa pagbasa mo ng post ko. Saan nga ba ang farm mo sa Candelaria ba sa Iloilo?

MJFARMS

Mr. MJFARMS,

Salamat sa paglinaw mo.  Kayo po yong may lanzones farm sa Talisay di po ba?  Yong pong sa amin naman sa Candelaria, Quezon.  Hope to network with you sir para makahingi akong mga payo sa iyo regarding Lanzones dahil medyo matagal na kayo sa pagtatanim neto.   Our variety is the Longkong which we bought from Mr. Bernie Dizon sa Parks & Wildlife, Quezon City.

Appreciate kung maka-reply kayo po sa e-mail add ko sa <porrasnb@yahoo.co.uk>

salamat po.
Noe

MJFARMS wrote:

Hello!
     Anybody wanna help me, my lanzones is being attacked by small flying insects (very small)appearing every morning, I believe they lay their eggs under the leaves of lanzones,very small white elongated eggs I think because every time these insects appeared these eggs also appeared in the leaves then the leaves would turn yellow and eventually fall until almost most of the leaves are gone and then the tree would blossom again and these stupid insects would disappear and come back again next summer.

Another disease attacking my trees in the roots are root rots. They would certainly kill your loving trees carefully cared for for many years and unluckilly damaging the adjacent tree until if not controlled immediately would kill another. I use fungicides sometimes if Im lucky would end the damage. My other solution dig all the roots and throw it away so that all germs would be gone. Do you have any ideas how to prevent this damages to my orchard?

Thank you for reading this and if you can help me I would gladly appreciate it. O! before I forgot my orchard is in Talisay City in Negros Occ.,our place produces the sweetest lanzones in the province.

More power to the farmers!

MJFarms,

Baka meron kayong na-experience na sa mga Lanzones nyo na kung saan ang bark ay parang may scab... natutuklap yong bark (how I wish I can send you the pix).  If so, meron po ba kayong inaply na pesticide na pang sugpo neto?  Appreciate yong advice nyo sir... thanks..

Indeed keeping strict pest control is not easy, it is damn right impossible if you are not a professional. This is why I have always used pest control companies to help me with this problem.

8 (edited by Ganar Dinero May 23 2012 03:05:10)

I've had heart attacks, strokes: and other diseases, illnesses in life, been put on diets, and I am still Ganar Dinero, but it is still a matter of time for me, I've been fortunate to have been able to reach the age of sixty-years old, and being here, or there, one must know the day and hour is not far off, thus, one must be prepared in advance, to face it, know it is but a few pages off in the book of life.

9 (edited by coofficentmaker Jun 22 2013 14:09:38)

I am agree with you guys about this matter.The attack of these pests are very strong and put many negative effects on plants and frouts.We are all need to find out a better solution to get rid off from these pest in quick time.What you think about it share your thinking about it.